Holy venthyr or holy kyrian?

I tried the meta build for holy paladins that relies on holy shock and crusaders might, but i have been struggling a lot to maintain 4k hps (my ilvl is 213) when Sire requieres 5k minimum, my covenant is Venthyr and sure, when i use Ashen Hollow i could easily hit 7k to 8k hps but right after my hps begins to fall to my 4k, idk if i’m doing the rotation all wrong or if i should swap to kyrians for the divine toll and have a more continous cd to heal.

If anyone could give me an advice i would really appreciate that.

Unless you are in a raid setting where your raid team plans around your ashen hallow go kyrian.

1 Like

Venthyr can heal just fine. If you like being venthyr stay them, it’s most likely either gear or rotation issues.

At a glance, I noticed your crit is only 11%. You definitely wanna be going more crit/haste as your main stats, mastery doesn’t contribute to damage and also has severe issues when the raid isn’t nice and stacked. Haste is also extremely useful as the more HP you build/spend, the more you can get out of awakening.

Beyond that, always try to be glimmering new targets that need it, avoid healing your beacon directly when you can, and swap beacons as needed.

And no hardcasting unless you have nothing to hit and can’t move either.

1 Like

It seems people tend to forget that when venthyr first began being used for holy, it was being used by people who were roughly around 226 - mostly thanks to pvp gear. Vers is high on pvp gear (obvs), so they were pulling very high numbers. Theres also other things that contribute. Are you focusing on dps during ashen hollow? Are you blowing all cooldowns and trinkets during it? Are people staying in? How many people are in AH? (the more people and mobs getting hit the less healing and damage each tick does, but IDK how that balances out). I switched to venthyr before 9.0.5, I enjoy the big deeps and its a decent sub for a raidwide cd, however, as I am maining my pally for all content in pve/pvp, I’m switching back to kyrian. Because I dont only want to heal, I also want to play ret. AH is only ok for pvp, whereas Divine toll is GOATed. I can pug into 17+ range but choose not to because most of the time AH feels useless when someone else blows a CD. With Divine toll I dont have a care in the world. In mythic raiding it feels ok, its just not enough continuous healing compared to a kyrian. And honestly, as a spot healer, divine toll is just 1000x better.

2 Likes