Holy Priest spec bonuses

For this specialization, in Season 4, I would like the bonuses (updated) from:

Para esta especialización, en la temporada 4, me gustarían las bonificaciones (actualizadas) de:

Para esta especialização na Série 4, quero os bônus (atualizados) da:

• Season 1 / Temporada 1 / Série 1
  • Season 2 / Temporada 2 / Série 2
  • Season 3 / Temporada 3 / Série 3
0 voters

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/choose-your-own-gear-in-dragonflight-season-4/1760899/1

4 Likes

Rather have the S2 tier set bonus because Holy was nerfed in 10.2 just for the new S3 tier set bonus. Sanctify + Divine Image + Halo / Divine Star reduced healing and it also takes 2x more Holy Words to reset Holy Word Salvation.

14 Likes

My concern here is that the S2 set would have to come with new tuning because, as you said, the S3 set is so much more powerful that they had to nerf Holy Priest’s base kit to make room for it.

And even if it did, if you run epiphany with the current set bonus you get more prayer of mending when you need it most than you did with the S2 set, which is what it excelled at.

While, sure, we will have to get away from the S3 set eventually, I think that hero talents and new xpac balancing will be far more effective at addressing our current predicament. I worry that, if we shift away now, we won’t get the balancing we need and we’ll crumble like a house of cards.

tl;dr: I don’t love the idea of shifting back to a slower, weaker Holy Priest.

8 Likes

Zero confidence that they’d unnerf Salvation, and much prefer the tactical flexibility in all content that S3 has provided.

14 Likes

yeah, I dont think they will unnerf Salv. s3 free word procs are amazing.

8 Likes

The S2 tier bonus gave you more PoMs that fed into Answered Prayers which was up almost every 30s. You generated just about as many holy words as the S3 tier set and reset Salv in 4 minutes. It takes way too much effort to reset Salv with the S3 bonus.

We just lost too much for the S3 bonus and after two buffs were still 7th place on hps in raid. Also, holy is hardly played now on the top end of raiding compared to disc.

8 Likes

I would not be surprised if, assuming S2 set won, they didn’t buff Holy back up.

The power level on the S3 set is rather disgusting. It’s kinda annoying to have to choose because there’s really no “great” choice here. Holy’s been underperforming thanks to nerfs to accommodate the S3 set.

EDIT: I realized I misread the part about the sets being tuned properly. As fun as it is having constant Serenity casts, I think I actually did prefer the S2 playstyle where I could take Empowered Renew + Holy Mending as an option.

Holy Mending was not the strongest talent, but Empowered Renew felt very good to play and was less harsh on mana, so having the extra Prayer of Mending bounces add up the incidental healing, along with the improvement to our mastery, should make that feel rather nice.

If they somehow tuned this set to be as powerful as S3, I think I’d prefer it overall. But, I feel S3 set is the thing that keeps Holy relevant.

4 Likes

i personally love the prayer of mending playstyle. I don’t hate the s3 tier set bonus, but love me just listening to all the pings going off :smiley: as long as s1 doesn’t win, i’ll be happy either way, but I did vote s2 :')

4 Likes

S3 is just fun to play with. Getting back to back procs and just spamming holy words feels great!

8 Likes

We should get S3 bonus + revert Salv back for S4… That true feeling of being powerful with 3-4 salvs in a fight would be so amazing. Its a throwaway season anyway, please give the Priests what should have always been!

5 Likes

I’ll be voting for S3 because if they’re using the poll to gauge “hey, what tier set bonus would classes love to keep as a talent in the new expansion” then I do not want another prayer of mending talent.

8 Likes

I’ll just vote for S3, because I doubt they would remember to buff/nerf the specs to the state they were in the respective season.

4 Likes

unnerf Salv got back if S2 won?
Impossible, that’s not blizzard’s style.

Too many of you are trying to do some tinfoil hat theory crafting in regards to how they will nerf/unnerf aspects about the class based on what set we choose. We cannot fully know how they will tune our class based on the set, so we should just pick the set that’s strongest. The current s3 bonus offers so much flexibility in both raids and M+. S2, while fine in M+, truly excelled in raids. S3 is the best of both worlds, not to mention, with so many holy words you’re casting a lot of PoMs in the S3 set anyway.

5 Likes

Is it bad that I don’t even remember what that one was? Lol

boys, I missed S2 Holy Priest, please gimme <3

3 Likes

I could get some attention from 486 heals. I’m only 465. Spec right, play right and know the fight. Holy is still strong.

S2 was by far the most fun, please keep throwing more votes there

Regardless our nerfs were uncalled for and we are clearly weaker for it in s3. Not sure what level of content you do but in high end you feel it. PoM was far better than extra holy words. If we get another season 3 tier set then it’ll be very disappointing

2 Likes

s3 set is so better to holy, so much naru´s and so much spot healing, s2 is good if u want focus in mending charges every time and dont make dps c:

2 Likes