Holy Paladin spec bonuses

Or perhaps they play a different game mode than you and the season 3 set isn’t superior. :man_shrugging:

Novel idea right?

2 Likes

quit voting for season 2 you loons

3 Likes

I voted for S2, I don’t want to farm the same set again for another season and out of S1 and S2 - S2 looks more fun. Quite simple really.

1 Like

I’ve never liked the Glimmer playstyle, but I really enjoyed Prism being a good button to press, so s2 for me

2 Likes

Holy prism was a really fun ability with S2 set. Also very strong in m+

4 Likes

I liked both season 2 and 3 sets. I liked the prisim of season 2 and I do like the holy reverb of season 3. Its a tough choice.

2 Likes

Pally kind of lacks good spot healing currently in m+, thats why (infusion + FoL isn’t really that good). WoG is kind of useless now so buffed Light prism and stronger holy shocks may attempt to solve that.

Holy shock crits for 260% > Holy reverberation any day of the week.

While 45 daybreak is actually very nice and would love to always have it available, pally really needs the spot heal power and spot heal in short CD at least in m+ content.

3 Likes

Speak for yourself. That super charged light’s hammer hit like a healing tide totem. And it’s the only smart heal in the kit.

1 Like

Yall are wild af if you think more holy prism is better than more frequent Daybreak. Enjoy going oom in M+. Remember our current state of play isn’t due to tier, season 2 set bonus will not return you to the glory days like you think it will.

3 Likes

If we could have S2 2set and S3 4set bonuses we would be EXTREEMLY Happy but, alas, that wasn’t an option, mainly the Crit on HS is what we want, and considering how weak HS is rn 60% more crit healing may hope to help.
Its kinda sad cuz imagine Druids not taking 15 sec off of Convoke, or Monks not taking 15 sec off of their celestial, just so their base line abilities do enough healing.

2 Likes

They will have no other choice than to buff holy power spender if our tier set depends on them.

3 Likes

HPS/AOE is not where Hpal is struggling. Its their base kit, a.k.a holy shock, WoG.

Since WoG its useless atm, a buffed Holy prism in a 10-15 CD and stronger Holy shock is a way better option for direct, consistent spot healing, at least in m+

Pally goes oom almost no matter what, so maybe then they will actually look into rebalancing our awful mana management.

3 Likes

true! but come to the darkside WyrmD - S3 for lifeeeeeeeee <3

you gone too far this time Westly! :wink:

Best pvp set

It offers the better M+ healing profile. Passive hots and 45sec CD daybreak doesn’t cut it.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why this is being said. Do you actually seriously think people expect the s2 tier set to bring us back to pre nerf holy paladin? We took multiple massive waves of nerfs, the tier set had nothing to do with how good we were. That is very obvious, so acting pretentious about people picking s2 is kinda wild. It’s like making up a reason why people are doing something without actually understanding why they are doing it.

Maybe you don’t actually realize this, but s2 is the best set all around for hpal. I like s3 set as well, but in pvp it is one of the worst because the 50% nerfs tier sets start with were never changed, meaning we get 53 second daybreak in pvp which is very cursed. The haste also goes down to 12% which is not great with a 6 second duration. However holy prism being an extremely large spot heal has a major benefit, plus the CDR for it making it a 15-18 second CD, and holy shock crit healing increase benefits all 3 forms of content and is still a very strong set. Are you also forgetting how strong Lights hammer was on fights like Sarkareth where people were stacked? It does like 4-5k hps now, and in s2 it was doing 17-18k hps on fights it was good on while basically being a 35-40 second cd.

S2 set benefits every form of content whereas s3 is only really great in raid/m+. I like both set bonuses though.

2 Likes

None of the sets are good

So here’s my thoughts, all s3 set bonus does is add a hot/dot tied to glimmers being refreshed or ended/removed and lined up two cooldowns we already took better… but s2 brought one of our abilities up to a useability level and provided a decently potent buff to one of our core abilities. In an ideal world I would so combine a few of the set bonuses but if i can only pick one i’ll chose the one that makes a fun button more useable as opposed to one that just slightly lines up my cooldowns.

1 Like

45s Daybreak is kind of a luxury and/or good QoL. Specially great for constant AOE healing and mana regen (hpal is still struggling here) and provides a really fun and good ST healing viaRising Sunlight BUT Hpal S2 set being chosen really shows how bad its needing some decent reactive healing spells like Holy prism in a short CD and stronger holy shocks.

Both sets are good and fun (imo I prefer stronger direct holy shocks over hots) but pally is currently needing their S2 tier set more at their current state.