Holy Paladin spec bonuses

For this specialization, in Season 4, I would like the bonuses (updated) from:

Para esta especialización, en la temporada 4, me gustarían las bonificaciones (actualizadas) de:

Para esta especialização na Série 4, quero os bônus (atualizados) da:

• Season 1 / Temporada 1 / Série 1
  • Season 2 / Temporada 2 / Série 2
  • Season 3 / Temporada 3 / Série 3
0 voters

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/choose-your-own-gear-in-dragonflight-season-4/1760899/1

4 Likes

why not allow us to mix and match 2 set and 4 set bonus as well, or let use choose stuff from other expacs, that work well with the current way the classes play.
this just comes across as the first version of this idea and no one decided to iterate on it.

14 Likes

why u guys vote for s2 sets?

11 Likes

45 second day break, and stronger lights prisim were the two most interactive/noticably impactful bonuses and by far most enjoyable.

Everything else was non impactful to our playstyle (besides requiring us to get more crit chance)

6 Likes

It would be nice to explain each set bonuses, instead of vaguely ask us a question.

I don’t remember S1 set.

6 Likes

Are you telling me most hpals like pressing Holy Prism / Light’s Hammer, and doing 0 damage?

4 Likes

they’re caught up remembering being op in S2 but not realizing tier had nothing to do with it

9 Likes

Those are fun, but the 15 second shorter day break is far more valuable. I would want a combo of the short day break and stronger lights prisim.

Literally every other bonus provides no change to our playstyle, is extremely non-interactive and is just boring

3 Likes

Exactly, 45 sec day break is so much nicer.

3 Likes

Seriously, quit voting S2.

12 Likes

Please vote season 2, I want to actually heal people with a talent I’m forced to take!

Yeah I think stronger Holy Prism is exactly why people are voting for season 2. It became a very fun button to press, did a lot of healing both single target and aoe. Even lights hammer was amazing too for any stacked up raid fight, but prism was amazing in all content pvp/m+/raid.

I think I’d vote for season 3s tier bonus though, I actually like holy reverberation a lot (very unique way of implementing a HoT for hpal, I hope it stays) and 45s daybreak is really fun especially in combo with 45s divine toll if you take it. It’s just more glimmer oriented and I love daybreak a ton of course so definitely gets my vote.

6 Likes

Holy Reverb is quite nice, and I’ve always liked Glimmer-focused Holy Paladin. I went for S3.

3 Likes

Voted S3, but I think that S2 is the more powerful set in M+ as far as consistency goes. 45s Daybreak is nice and all, but Holy Prism is such a chunky heal on a shorter CD. The biggest problem with the spec right now is a lack of consistency. And by consistency I mean not just tickling health bars with current Glimmer/H Shock.

4 Likes

It’s important to remember that people will vote with very different reasons in mind. You can hard disagree with them but that might be because you are putting more stock in the value of a different set because of how it performs in your main game mode.

ie someone who predominately PVPs may be voting very differently from someone who raids or someone who prioritises M+.

I liked the season 2 set because having a bursty spot heal or group heal on a sub 20 second CD was super fun to play around in M+. How much of that was Hpal OP-ness in 10.1.5? Well, it’s hard to say. It may be a moot point anyway because they said no matter what is chosen, it will be retuned for season 4 and so at the end of the day you’re choosing between the playstyles or healing profiles a set offers, not the strength of the set.

Personally Holy Reverberations and a 45 daybreak don’t offer a positive healing profile for m+, it’s not something you play around or even feel the healing power of and they don’t move the needle in most M+ healing checks so it’s not something I could really feel excited about returning for season 4.

5 Likes

While I do think the Season 2 set was the best during its relevant season, we’ve since gone through a significant rework. A big portion of S2’s set was buffing our choice node’s power (which is great, and will still be valuable), but another big portion of S2’s set was giving our choice node abilities massive holy power generation. This was great at the time, but holy power has since become a TRASH RESOURCE for us, and a post-rework Holy Paladin will not benefit nearly as much from the S2 set as a pre-rework Holy Paladin.

edit: Chose S3 set, because it gives me a lot more dps potential, and I love playing a healer that tries to maximize dps. Blessed Focus + S3 set (+Augury) feels like how an offensive holy paladin is supposed to feel.

4 Likes
2 Likes

This a joke? So it’s just multiple choice for what happens next? This is why a ton of people go to SoD or hardcore. This is not good for retail.

4 Likes

Who is voting for s2? Legit worst choice out of all 3 imo.

2 Likes

S3 for hpal is WAY Superior-whoever is voting for S2 isn’t even playing the spec

4 Likes