Holy moley fix ashran

what the actual hell did you do.
And I thought AV needed to tone down the base race. Its effectively been removed as a pvp game.

4 Likes

Despite the heading, it was in the August 28th patch.

Apparently, they intend them to be the weakest NPCs in the game.

I’ll probably be able to solo a boss by the end of S4. As a Mistweaver.

2 Likes

End of S2 maybe. lol

2 Likes

like the race to the hangar in isle of conquest, gg no crusader aura

1 Like

I made a similar post about this but Inemia said everything was ok and I’m choosing to not pvp in these bgs.

1 Like

no i didn’t.

if i had to guess, the situation has gone like this:

epics haven’t had a retune on the NPCs since SL prepatch. no retune was done for DF or any of the SL seasons because the dev quit or was laid off as part of the EU office closing.

microsoft takes over and someone new comes in to the situation and sees how epics are played in DFS4 after 8 seasons and 2 expacs of gear inflation and thinks “this is normal”

when someone finally did retune epics correctly it resulted in a bunch of QQ from people who have only ever played them on the DF level and MS tuned them back to that thinking “that is how its supposed to be” when in reality with no pvp gear in prepatch the NPCs should have the highest kill count.

1 Like

Nice post and :yellow_heart: given !

Btw there is a new speed record here. Ashran is sad and boring now, Blizz, please fix it. Otherwise, why not make all Epic BG end-able in 2 mins for consistency?

Blizz could have left the NPC toughness ‘problem’ mentioned in their Sept 26 hot-fix untouched and it would be a blessing! And all they did just created a new perfect textbook example of how a problem is far better than the fix.

2 Likes

feel like they still should drop the EBGS to 2, twenty-five man raids clashing at each other opposed to the 40v40 we still have, the game can’t handle that many peeps and spells on screen apparently, would actually be a fun rated concept perhaps as well imo.

the server handles 40v40 just fine. there is code in the game (or was at some point) for 25v25 rated epics, but the feedback at the time was that 25 players would feel too spread thin across the epic maps, also the maps would need serious overhauls if players were going to attach rating to them.

and that feedback was sort of correct, 8 man DWG feels bad for a reason. either way the PVP dev behind it quit or got canned so work on rated epics stopped.

the main reason ashran got dropped to 25v25 was that in BfA they had “magic scaling” which worked like :poop:, when you combined this with some netcode tricks some classes were capable of and the server would lag out. when the scaling got removed and epic battles flowed again they upped the ashran player count to 35 out of caution, but as long as they aren’t running any hidden scaling in the background there is no reason it can’t be changed back to the original 40v40.

if enough you sync your toons into the 71-79 bracket and get epic bgs to pop you’ll get the proper scaling to make the games fun again.
no conquest but oh well.
choices choices………

it’s pretty sad that it’s barely into s1 yet you don’t even need a tank to kill these bosses.

Not just Ashran, but also vehicles have scaling problems throughout an expansion.
For example glaives might actually be somewhat viable in S1 (not in War Within maybe), but by season 2 they blow up if someone sneezes in their general direction.

All NPCs and vehicles should get a balance pass whenever there’s a new season.
Epic battlegrounds should take 20-40 minutes to complete, with good honor for the time spent.

Lol Blizz claimed that the ultra toughness is unintended, but when the unintended result bring more enjoyment than intended, you know their design and dev team need serious performance review :grimacing:

1 Like

I was hoping their fix would involve more toning down the health and damage of the NPCs a bit, and less of a massive nerf. Sadly they went with the massive nerf.

The bosses and npcs in ashran in wod were being killed in a matter of seconds by a single player.

Especially if they had the ring.

So no it used to be far far worse.

Maybe someone cried that the game is too hard and inaccessible and must be toned down so people without any gear could feel great!

1 Like

the zone and the epic bg instance are not the same map or experience, that is closer to classic ashran which is a brawl.

1 Like

Yes, pvp is optional now in Ashran.

If Premading is a requirement to have good PvP action in these Epic BG, it would be a great proof of a major design flaw that should make anyone working on the game feel shameful.

I used to think Blizz game was more polished, and this expansion started looking great. Starting with the Sept 26 nerf patch, things just go downhill and I can understand why people stopped playing this soon after the release.

1 Like