Holy Guac Just Allow Us to Farm The Infinite Mogs

So I made a post on a separate forum similar to this a while back but I wanted to be more comprehensive here. Some of you may know of the infinite dragonflight armor and weapon mogs available from Dawn of the Infinite. Fewer will know that most of them are locked behind a pretty simple achievement. That achievement is “Put That Thing Back Where it Came From” and involves a group of at least 4 players going through mythic 0 hard mode of the entire Dawn of the Infinite, start to finish, picking up hour glasses from bosses that disallow mounting and using them on the portals on Dios’ bossfight one by one to close them all without dying. Considering you get one chance a week to do this it can be a pain as the slightest mistake will force you to wait until next week but it seems very doable.

But there is an unfortunate reality behind this achievement that may not be so obvious. Those who want it have done it. Let me be clear. I have tried to get groups for months. Asking every day on chats, making forum posts, asking in guilds, trying to pay for runs. No one wants to do it. I spent a metric load of gold and irl money just to gear my toon with best in slot to get it done as easily as was possible. I had to have money to pay for runs too, but that’s just not going to happen. The final offer was a ridiculous sum of over a million gold for the run. This is something that not one person signed up for.

I did eventually find a kind fellow; a real godsend, who was willing to prog it and they brought a healer. We were in discord and all of us made mistakes run after another. It is NOT as easy as it seems. But that is gone now as they are taking an extended break from WoW and even with a free tank and healer with best in slot who know the fights perfectly well we STILL could not find the third dps to make it go by faster.

My point here is that this achievement is just not getting done by anyone anymore and so the infinite transmogs are locked away. I do not trust Blizzard to not take away the achievement to get the mogs as soon as the next expansion hits as they have done before with other things so I am PLEADING that they just simply add mog pages, not even gear, JUST PAGES to allow us to unlock it by grinding it.

They already completely unnecessarily locked “Of the Infinite” as a title away to a certain section of time so that’s not a thing anymore. Please Blizzard, stop with the weird exclusivity and just let me grind for mogs as Thrall intended.

How hard is this now?

I’d offer to help, but I’d probably just screw up the run.

These things are rough. :expressionless:

It’s dragonflight content. As I said it’s not hard in concept but any little tiny slip up and oops you have to wait for a week.

Yeah I just want the drip. Why tease you with some of it dropping and then lock half behind an achievement that will be nearly impossible to do once the player base that wants it mostly has it?

Waves in destruction warlock hidden artifact appearance

2 Likes

I still need to do this, too, and plan to get it before the next patch. You should join the achievements discord. There are groups forming for achievements all the time and you could even list the group if you’re just looking for one more.

https://discord.gg/achievements

I think you can have more than one chance a week at this as long as one of the team members swaps to an alt and acts as the party leader to soft reset the instance with bosses alive. You just won’t get loot if you already killed the boss.

Gear isn’t the only requirement, though. Having a full understanding of the mechanics will make it a lot easier to complete. I’m guessing the mechanics don’t hit nearly as hard as they did when it was M0 last patch, though.

I have two accounts to do this and a friend of mine made a warlock just to help me but I keep forgetting to ask them to do it when we are on lol. The other friend who was going to help me hasn’t been on in weeks.

It’s hard to do achievements with friends when everyone quits late in the patch once we are geared enough to faceroll them.

Just saw this I’d be happy to help you, if you need a dps. 3k rated, 486 hunter.

Can’t remember the last time I died to anything from that dungeon beyond a +15.

1 Like

At this rate I just plan on waiting until the next expansion. But I appreciate the offer. Still I think my point stands in that it’s weird to give you half the set and then lock the rest off. Just drop it like normal I say.

I agree (see my mog), I’m using that half. I want the other half, but it’s impossible to find a group now lol.

Well, if you change your mind and find some people, give me a shout on here.

1 Like