Holy cow, Blizzard solved M+!

They changed the number of drops shortly after release.

An untimed key still drops 2 items, but one is 1 level less.

For example a +15 untimed drops at 236 and 233.

there are no new mechanics. the boss works the same way at +13 that it does at +2. not interrupting = wasting everyoneā€™s time.

iā€™m with this personā€“iā€™m sick to death of the server queues being overrun with LATAM server customers. Put them in their own battlegroupā€“sick of not being able to communicate with them.

or, even if blizzard added some ham-fisted google translate functionality plugin. I canā€™t alt-tab, type in my text, hit translate and paste it in a timed M+

Xiraā€™s back to stun healers. but no, the other guys have no new abilities.

there are no new mechanics. the boss works the same way at +13 that it does at +2. not interrupting = wasting everyoneā€™s time.

One word: Inferno.

What are you talking about?

20% chance to drop an extra piece. It goes up by 20% per level after 15, guaranteed 4th item is +20.

You mean the skill that requires 2 people (or a prot paladin) to get every interrupt? How exactly do you think thatā€™s going to work with people who donā€™t know what interrupting is and speak another language?

Iā€™m by no means saying that everyone on the Latin American realms donā€™t speak English, but there is a chance youā€™re in with 3 that donā€™t.

Language barriers wouldnā€™t matter if everyone just did what theyā€™re supposed to do.

You mean the skill that requires 2 people (or a prot paladin) to get every interrupt? How exactly do you think thatā€™s going to work with people who donā€™t know what interrupting is and speak another language?

Not a single pug Iā€™ve been in ever discussed the interrupt order and yet they all interrupted every inferno. Emergent behavior vs planned behavior is a fluid dynamic. Interrupts are not even close to the top of the list of why pugs fail. Most failures, in my experience, happen because of a tank doing something cute because they think its a better route/pull/etc. Group fluidity dies when things get unpredictable.

Language barriers wouldnā€™t matter if everyone just did what theyā€™re supposed to do.

the expectations of what that is differ somewhat. You should not expect people to read chat all the time during pug runs. You should expect to adjust your behavior to other people as much you expect them to adjust to you. But there is a limit to it. The fine line between people reading the situation and not reading is the fine line between success and failure in pugs.

20% chance to drop an extra piece. It goes up by 20% per level after 15, guaranteed 4th item is +20.

Thatā€™s the regular drops. I am not sure if itā€™s still there, but for a while there was a guranteed extra drop that was 1 level lower if the group finished a timed-out run.

there are no new mechanics.

One word: Inferno.

What are you talking about?

new mechanics which are in the game in 9.1

Yep. TBH, the math genius they found who fixed this scoring system is brilliant. I would like to know who fixed it because it is truly remarkable how much better it isā€¦ If you really think about it, it rewards for timing and completing. It is 100x better.

2 Likes

Gratz, I guess. Doesnā€™t change a single thing about I said. It requires 2 interrupts in nearly all situations. Iā€™ve had groups fail for no interrupts, it looks like I canā€™t mitigate, but what it really is is free casting enemies.

I donā€™t read chat and never post anything in chat until something isnā€™t happening. Again, if everyone knows whatā€™s dangerous, itā€™s irrelevant that anyone talk. But thatā€™s true for all communication. Itā€™s entirely unnecessary if people just do their jobs.

So, if I have your logic correct, you want things explained to you, but youā€™re not willing to read chat, and you as a dps are not willing to adjust to a tank picking a different pull or route.

Man, Iā€™d leave your group too lmao

Why are you bringing this up when I said the group couldnā€™t get past the first boss trio because they werenā€™t interrupting anything?

If you tunnel vision and let the 2 casters just spam cast on tyrannical, youā€™re busting your own key. We didnt even make it to any of the lieutenants.

Dude, you bragged about leaving a 13. Do you leave 5ā€™s, too? You can do 13ā€™s in 9.0 gear.

Just out of curiosity, when you say they didnā€™t focus fire, did bother putting a skull on the kill target? Putting skull on a target is a universal hand wave saying ā€œconcentrate on this.ā€

Or are you gonna argue with that one, too?

BTW, "iā€™ve seen people doā€¦ " is not an argument. There are still conventions. Some people just ignore them and some people pretend that they donā€™t exist because they are not aware of them. And yes, I know you havenā€™t made that argument (yet). I was just pre-empting in case you were going to.

So, if I have your logic correct, you want things explained to you, but youā€™re not willing to read chat, and you as a dps are not willing to adjust to a tank picking a different pull or route.

Man, Iā€™d leave your group too lmao

Donā€™t be the guy who is unwilling to suffer a minor irritation even if it means not causing 4 other people a major irritation. Just donā€™t. You have every right to do it (most of the time). And others will do to you, but itā€™s a relatively small community. Just donā€™t do it. If the run is scoffed, try to push through. Not saying you have to stay no matter what, but a little tolerance for discomfort will make the game more interesting for you. Or donā€™t do it. You do you, bud.

3 wipes on the first boss is more than a little tolerance. Iā€™m out at 2 no matter what server anyone is on. We can wipe on any other boss, not the first.

I run only my own keys and do the same.

You can usually tell by the 3rd pull if the run is going to work or not.