Holinka is leaving

if its a warrior it should be “heldback” just like all warriors were in second grade

3 Likes

What is dead may never die.

Holinka already left and came back once before

Thank god. Holinka without a single doubt was one of the worst people at Blizzard and just in general is someone who should not have a job designing/balancing anything PvP related.

2 Likes

I have waited for this moment for years.

1 Like

pvp paul… duh

I wonder what they’re going to create.

I know people are guessing another MMO, but that seems like a bad idea if Riot is coming out with their own MMO in a few years.

It would be incredibly hard for a small indie company to compete against Riot.

So you’re saying Holinka was the messiah

During Holinka’s 11 years, we’ve not had pvp vendors for 4 of them. 6 if you want to count Shadowlands since it had item level tied to rating. Also we had rng trinket drops from Trashran for a brief moment before being reverted that he owned up to it being his idea in an interview or something.

He was gone the 2nd half of Legion and returned to lead combat dev just prior to bfa launch making him the man in charge of balancing during bfa and shadowlands.

I know people look back at the past with rose tinted goggles but the times that are regularly praised as wow pvp’s best moments come from a time when Holinka wasn’t in charge. Mop, 2nd half of legion…

I do think DF pvp as a whole is a huge win for wow pvp and a major improvement so he’s going out on a win.

I tend to queue with random people quite a bit for rated arenas on various characters and I can tell you that since DF S1, almost everyone complains about the poor state of PVP atm. Also, since people always have something to complain about, I should be more specific that people are complaining about the same things:

• the insane dampening debuff works way too fast and gives unfair advantages to specific healer types
  • Disc is unstoppable
  • Shadow Priests and Locks are far too OP right now
  • Too many DPS can self/off heal like healers even with insane burst damage
  • Warrs are Plate Rogues

Already happened once before following that very same exact trend. People will beg for scraps when they receive nothing.