HK's missing after classic era patch/pvp update

• The name of the affected character. Hiver, Horde, Undead Rogue
  • The affected character’s current realm. Whitemane
  • Roughly how many HKs you had Prepatch and how many you have now. 72,372 HKs Prepatch, 7300 Postpatch
  • If you’ve transferred realms at any point. Yes Incendius till Rank 13 then transferred to Earthfury

Seems like this didn’t get fixed this patch.

Character: Baroc
Server: Mankrik
HKs before: ~92,000
HKs now: 27393

• The name of the affected character. Malicious Undead rogue
  • The affected character’s current realm. Whitemane
    I had more then 100k
    I did transfer from the kromcrush server originally

I was also affected by this. Lost a good chunk of HKs after the patch.

Character: Cencil
Server: Whitemane
HKs before: 96k +
HKs now: 46k

HKs Before/after pics:

Imgur

1 Like

This would be rather cool, they do have the info to do so, and it would harm nothing.

THO on one of my characters he’s a bit RP so I would like it if there were some way to stop Rank gains; if that were possible.

Update–

Roughly 24 hours ago, we implemented a fix that should prevent this bug from affecting characters who log in thereafter.

For all the characters who were affected before the fix, we’re running a fixup job at this time. Those players should see the correction over the next few hours/days.

4 Likes

I can confirm this is also not a “Dusting off old characters” issue.
I’ve earned 50k honor this week and my “blue bar” of “pvp experience” has gone nowhere. I’m still a knight, my daily HKs and honor are not registering, but my weekly Hk’s and Honor are.

Athelia - Whitemane

at least 20k honor, no change in rank or bar
never transfered

I talked to someone else on my realm that says his Rank 4 friend had less honor than his Rank 6 character, and his friend went up 3 ranks, but he didn’t get a promotion at all. Stating that he had more honor over the course of the week.

1 Like

This is still broken for me as of an AV ~20mins ago

I logged in just now and it is fixed for me. Back at 147,249 HK. Thanks to all players involved for providing data and thanks to Kethryllia and team for resolving.

3 Likes

Name: Grandleader
Server: Whitemane US
Original HK count: over 80 thousand
Currently: Deleted to less than 20 thousand
Highest PVP rank: R14 Grandmarshal - Old system

Reported the issue through tickets with no help provided.

Please restore my HK count.

1 Like

I went from 310,920 to 49k back to 310k, I lost any lifetimes from last week and now lower than i was on patch launch by 400 kills, but it is better than losing 260,000 :3

hi there 107k of my hks have been restored however I am still missing 60-70k hks on my gnome warrior xerolol-whitemane - he has been transferred amongst era realms once or twice but that was over a year ago.

thanks for your help on this

1 Like

Nothing has been restored for me so far…

3 Likes

Character: Ganklust
Server: whitemane
Transfer status: came from original 2019 classic and copied to faerlina. Used free transfer to whitemane August 22nd
Honor/Rank before Aug 28th reset: 110k rank 10.0
Rank after Aug 28th reset: 10.0

Character: Gankshawk
Server: faerlina
Transfer status: came from original 2019 classic and copied to faerlina.
Honor/Rank before Aug 28th reset: 10k rank 9.0
Rank after Aug 28th reset: 9.0

see:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-rankprogress-not-updatingcalculating-classic-era/1662083

I hope when this correction is implemented and reverts back to the “corrected” amount of HKs, that it doesn’t discard all the HK’s we’ve acquired in the meantime. I’ve had ~7k HK’s since the HK drop bug!

1 Like

Yeah, we need news about this! This is as bad as you remove all tier 3 from a toon and send him back to blues and greens after years of farming… Can’t pretend its not a big deal… We are talking about months and months of grinding…

2 Likes

Years @Skrotoz

Ow yeah! I’ve been farming this HK’s since 2019… FK that!

Maybe they lost our data? Why mess with our HK’s at all??

I wish they would work as hard and fast to restore the loss of our hard earned HKs that is effecting 50% of the community as they did to “fix” the DHK exploit that was being used by .01% of the community.