HK's missing after classic era patch/pvp update

recently dusted off my classic era cloned character that had about 87000 HK’s and post patch they seem to have vanished.

screenshots for proof:

old:

current

tried ticketing it but they said they cannot help and to report it here instead, it might also have something to do with the fact that i xfered it using the free service the same week the pvp update was expected. (a few days prior).

5 Likes

Same issue here brother, 72k HK and now im apparently a warlord with only 7k…

Lost 130,000 HKs with the change. Not happy.

2 Likes

Blizz are you gonna acknowledge this at all or are you THAT out-of-touch? How did this crap make it to prod?

1 Like

Update: We don’t need any more examples for now. We’ve got several, and we’re looking through various logs now. Thanks all!

3 Likes
  • The name of the affected character. Aisle
  • The affected character’s current realm. Whitemane
  • Roughly how many HKs you had prepatch and how many you have now. 145,728 prepatch, 15,100 postpatch including 290 new HKs
  • If you’ve transferred realms at any point. Yes
    • If you did, was it a free transfer off of Season of Mastery or was it a paid transfer? Originally a cloned character from classic Vanilla to classic Era (Arugal) 125,000HK at snapshot. Free character transfer to Whitemane 23/April/2023. 20,000HK gathered on Whitemane. I’ve never played SoM.

Note - my HKs were initially correct logging in after the update. I didn’t engage in any PvP until after talent points were reset. It was after entering battlegrounds and I presume accruing honor in realtime that the lifetime HK total changed.

• The name of the affected character. Bergthor
    The affected character’s current realm. Bloodsail Buccaneers
    Roughly how many HKs you had prepatch and how many you have now. 145,728 prepatch, 15,100 postpatch including 290 new HKs
    I had between 110k and 120k prior. I did the R14 grind in 2020 and PvP a lot. It now shows only 53,712 after prepatch.
    If you’ve transferred realms at any point. No. The copy that progressed to TBC did and that was to Pagle post TBC, but not this one.

Name - Tritus
Realm - Whitemane
198,250 HKs, 2k shy of 200k so you can imagine my frustration.

Edit: Now it shows I have 2324…

2 Likes
  • The name of the affected character: Jäyt
  • The affected character’s current realm : Whitemane
  • Roughly how many HKs you had prepatch and how many you have now:
    Exactly 310,920 before server went down / 49,xxx.

Initally when i logged in, (after) patch my honor tab displayed 310,920 then after entering a battleground I checked again and it had bumped down to 49,000 and some change…

• If you’ve transferred realms at any point. (This is a classic 2019 toon I cloned before TBC launch, xferred from Arugal Era server to whitemane in April 2023.
  • If you did, was it a free transfer off of Season of Mastery or was it a paid transfer:
    It was a paid cloning service, then a free xfer from arugal era to whitemane Era.

Photo of before patch (2mins before shutdown)
Video of before patch (2mins before shutdown)
Video of right after servers were up
imgur dot com /a/2znwY9z

video before server went down: youtu (dot) be/stmT6U6TPng
after they came back up: youtu (dot) be/SQj40GSjdBI?si=JYDpHhAyWVF-1VO4

Skrotoz - Windseeker (lvl 60 warlock)

I had 80k now I have 13k… Feeling super bad about this, that was a long and huge farm!

I born on Incendius (before TBC) went to Whitemane on Era when the free xfers opened, and than I paid to xfer again to Windseeker where I play this days!

Thank you…

1 Like

Character: hyperko
Server: whitemane
Transfer status: came from original 2019 classic and copied to faerlina. Used free transfer to whitemane 3 months ago when I came back to era
Hks before: 67k
Hks now: 1700

Also since blizz is reading this, pls re enable character copy from 2019. I got so so many friends that wanna come back. The game would go nuts if people could copy their 2019 chars. Just do it. It will be worth it and would be so good for the game.

They can’t, they made it clear at the time that if you did not make a copy then your character status at the end of classic would not be saved post TBC progression.

People didn’t have the forsight to care at the time, they were all TBC crazy. I don’t know why one would spend so much time and countless hours maxing out their characters on classic not to preserve it.

I’d actually already pulled your character based on the forum report and had some odd false positives that indicated that Aisle was from Season of Mastery. O.o

Sadly, all of my theories have been shot down, so I’ll need to dig further. Please keep replying!

Edit:

Do you remember if it changed before, during, or after those Warsong Gulches late on Wednesday, basically if it was correct before your BGs? No worries if not, but that’ll dramatically help me narrow down the timeframe of what logs to search.

1 Like

perhaps it had something to do with the timeframe of the HK’s? it appears a lot of people posting in here are original/early rankers and the bulk of my HK’s would have come from the same timeframe (within a few months or so of the rank14 grind).

one thing that comes to mind was that there was a change put in with regards to how diminishing returns for honor that were calculated (i.e originally 4 kills would be fully DR’d now its 10 i believe) and perhaps this has something to do with how your calculating HK’s?

It looks like you earned about 16-17k honorable kills after you transferred from Faerlina to Whitemane on Classic Era, would you say that’s correct?

1 Like

Update: We don’t need any more examples for now. We’ve got several, and we’re looking through various logs now. Thanks all!

1 Like

Yes that’s correct.

1 Like

I didn’t check the honor tab whilst inside a battleground. I noticed the drop whilst sitting in SW, at the time I had accrued only 290 new kills.

My first BG of the day Wednesday USA time ended at Australian time Thursday, ‎24 ‎August ‎2023, ‏‎5:29:21 PM. 11 minute game so I entered roughly 5:18 PM.

I am certain my honor kills were correct before going to BGs. Honor tab is something I regularly check, particularly because I was keen to see how the new honor was progressing. I suspect they changed inside the BG or between BGs, if that helps at all.
I think the last game I played ended Thursday, ‎24 ‎August ‎2023, ‏‎9:19:41 PM so I estimate about a 4hr window where I was only doing BGs.

cant say for sure my honor kills were correct prior but i did do a BG quite early after the patch also and only noticed after someone mentioned something that caused me to open the honor panel and thats when i noticed they were missing.

• The name of the affected character. Xerolol
  • The affected character’s current realm. Whitemane
  • Roughly how many HKs you had prepatch and how many you have now. *160k+ prepatch, 28k postpatch i
  • If you’ve transferred realms at any point. Yes
    • If you did, was it a free transfer off of Season of Mastery or was it a paid transfer? *Character was originally from eastern cluster and transferred twice, once to the other eastern cluster and then finally to whitemane when free classic era xfers were announced 1-2 years ago