Hitting Additional Targets, please help!

What is making my character hit additional targets?

I need your help. I want to stop it from happening. I’m not using my multiple Target spells, just Solar Wrath (a single target ability) and nearby critters and neutrals get hit with something.

I’ve died at least 3x in the last few days from being overwhelmed by too many Neutral npc’s attacking me -_-

Is it some gear, some glyph, a talent?
It’s happening on this character I am posting with, Remsav-Dath’Remar.

When you cast starsurge your solar warth gets empowered, which causes AoE damage around the target. The passive that causes this effect is called “Empowerments”.

1 Like

Thank you… how can I prevent this (aside from not using Starsurge)?
I almost died again from too many NPC’s attacking me after casting Solar Wrath (so crowded with neutrals at Freeport)

Dont use starsurge? lol jk

Its baked into your spells. Starsurge empowers your spells and causes you to do more damage. This is a good thing.

Learn to line of sight casters or use solar beam to pull them away from other targets.

1 Like

Try using entangling roots and typhoon to control mobs easier, there is no way to prevent the AoE effect if you keep using starsurge.

Force of natute is another good option.

1 Like

I cant remove it? Ugh.

Solar Beam, didn’t think of that, thank you.
I’m disappointed that my favorite single target ability isn’t a single target ability anymore. Thanks for the help!

Edit to add: I suppose I could try being a bear temporarily, and growl.

but… its a good thing. it does more damage. You understand that right?

1 Like

Totally get that. I was about to remove that line from my post.
Forums have helped me a ton today! Thank you folks!

You can also single target pull with Moonfire (without the Twin Moons talent) or right click your Solar Empowerment buff to remove it. Keep practicing and you’ll have the grace of Elune in no time

1 Like

As mentioned above, you can right-click the buff or probably make a solar wrath macro that includes a /cancelaura line to remove the buff that way (I think that’s the command, at least).

1 Like

Not to sound random but I reccomend bear spec if ur ilvl is low enuf ur having trouble questing in balance. Its super ez and I was tanking ~5-8mobs a pull at like ilvl 280 when I hit 120

Your camera… If you make sure you are focused on all the damage you see, you won’t hit outside groups.

Be careful to your max camera range, ensure that you see only the group you want to hit.

You should also know that boomkin is seriously squishy at your gear level. You’re going to die some.

Try using mass entangle if you get extra mobs. My best advice is to keep pushing your gear up, and it will eventually get better.