Hit 120, no idea how to focus

There are so many things to do! I can’t raid (at least not using the LFR tool) because my gear level is too low. I don’t have my professions maxed out. I haven’t been to all the dungeons I can go to (I’m a little nervous they’ll hate on me since I got to 120 by questing alone mostly, so I’m out of practice with groups). I want to get some of the allied races, but overwhelmed with figuring out what to do next. I get lost between the ship in Boralus where I get my quests for companions and other hubs for moving ahead.

Not sure where my guildhall is, or where I need to go to upgrade my azerite armor and such. There are so many pieces I didn’t pick up along the way, and now I’m just overwhelmed and lost.

If you were in my shoes, how would you prioritize and learn? I hate pvp, btw.

1 Like

It’s easy to feel overwhelmed with all the activities that are available to you. The best piece of advice that I can offer you is to focus one thing at a time or put into categorization of the things you want to do so you can do them in steps.

Things that are timed events I would recommend doing first because the rest will still be there once you’re done with those first.

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make sure you do your daily Emissary, watch out for gear upgrades from World Quests, complete the war campaign to help level your neck and unlock your footholds, do the intro to Naz’Jatar for a decent weapon and some gear upgrades. I am not sure yet what a good item level is to start the new Cloak quest chain from 8.3 but that will be up there as a priority as well.

1 Like

Progression-wise, your next stop will be Nazjatar. One trick in Nazjatar is that at one point you’ll be given a piece of benthic gear (ilvl 385) as a reward. The next quest will be to upgrade it. That quest will give you 20 manapearls for the upgrade. However, if you hold off on doing the upgrade, you can instead use those manapearls to buy 4 more pieces of ilvl 385 benthic gear. That will go a long way to getting you geared enough to start on the 8.3 content.

However, you many need to do some gear upgrades before heading to Nazjatar. It’s pretty rough at lower ilvls.

As Thorstead said, world quests and emissaries will be a good start.

You’ll also want to hit up the world bosses. (These are basically group world quests, so when you get into the areas for it, there will be a little button near the world quest description you can hit to find a group for it.)

You can also try running some normal dungeons. On normal mode, you’ll be mixed in with people leveling up and people trying to do quests in the easiest mode possible, so it’s usually pretty chill and no one expects you go have good gear.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! Good advice here so far!

What do those little quest thingies that show at the bottom of my map if I go to Nazrim or some of the other Zandalar places? There’s like 4 greyed-out ones.

Those are Emissary quests. If you do 4 (or 3 for Tortollan) world quests for that faction, you’ll be able to turn in the Emissary quest to that faction’s quartermaster for a reward. The rewards are quite good when starting out, and they also award 1500 rep for the faction, which makes them a key way to raise rep.

Each Emissary quest is up for 3 days, so if you miss a day of playing you don’t miss out on the rewards. When you mouse over them, you’ll see how long each one has left. When one expires, a new one comes in with a duration of 3 days.

1 Like

Thanks for that explanation; that really helps. Since I want to unlock the allied races, I should be doing these…

1 Like