Highmountain Invasion Scenario Bug

When flying in to try doing the "Turn Back the Tides" scenario, your character gets stuck in mid-air and won't be dropped off to start.

The only way out is to leave Instance Group and incur Deserter, or hard reset the client.
3 Likes
This happens to me constantly, and on multiple characters. It is very frustrating, as you're literally unable to do anything unless something comes within range or loot the end boss.

I even had someone come by with a 2 seater mount to try to pick me up, but even after that, my character remained stuck after dismounting.
1 Like
So I thought I found a workaround by using my warrior to slowly heroic leap along with everyone else to the end while still being stuck in the air- and I was able to get to the War Eagles in the penultimate stage to fly to the legion ship- which actually freed me from the glitch; I was finally able to move my character normally. But then after killing the final boss Fel commander Erixtol, I was unable to loot the boss at all while my group members were able to. So it's still very bugged, unfortunately.
Also having this issue. I tried doing the scenario twice, and both times got stuck in the air. First time I left and took deserter. Second time I tried to just wait it out to see what happened as the hunter in our group (the only one that didn't get stuck) ran through it. They were able to finish and leave while I was still suck. So definitely still a problem. I tried /reload, teleport (won't let you), Divine Steed, etc, and nothing worked.
Happened to me 3 times in a row on my paladin. This is incredibly frustrating.
Happened to me twice. Disabled addons, deleted cache and restarted, etc.
This happened to me as well on two different 110 characters. May be level dependent, as the others in the group were not 110 and could move in the scenario.
still happening. my druid got stuck, left with the deserter debuff and stuck the next time two times. deserter debuff AGAIN. this is incredibly frustrating.
Same - any fix ideas? We're trying to complete this as part of our class mount work.
Since people were having this issue days ago I'm wondering if they found a solution or are just unable to get their class mount.
Also stuck, have done this 7 (now 8) times. Incredibly frustrating. Have reached out to Blizz CS for help, and have tried submitting tickets. Ticket submit isn't working (or is really slow) and now I've wasted half of my Sunday evening trying to get my lock's class mount.
This is ridiculous. Nearly every time you land you get stuck. How can Blizz just ignore such a glaring bug?!?!
I just did one with all 3 of us are stuck. Blizz for fork sake please fix before next Highmountain invasion rolls again.
Same here, was stuck upon entry into the scenario on my Rogue, mid air--looks like perpetual lag. One person finished the quest, I can see the yellow ? turn-in, just can't move and it won't let me out of the instance. ughh

Post: after several min, was able to grapple my way into a zone where I could walk and hearth. Flew back to High Mountain - still got credit for scenario. Did I beat the bug? lol
Yep, still happening. It's wasn't only me though, there was a monk who got stuck with my warrior, but the rogue made it through the whole thing before the servers went down for maintenance.
Still happening after the reset. My Vengeance DH could leap around, but it didn't knock the game out of its bug.
Yeah I abandoned the quest and tried again on my warrior, still happened after reset. Even when I had help from a priest's Leap of Faith, the eagles did freed me from imprisonment however I didn't get to loot the boss after killing it while my other party members did.
Happened to me 6 times on my warlock. Can't do a damn thing and I need this for my class hall mount. At what point did blizzard stop making polished games?
This happened to me a few days ago as well, on my warlock.

As it was, all three of us in the scenario were level 120, so I was able to just hang out in midair while the other two players completed it, and I got full credit. I didn't have to loot the end boss, all that was required was completing the invasion (as part of the Legionfall campaign - the warlock mount doesn't specifically require this scenario).
I've tried twice in a row, killed addons, even killed the client and logged back in (this only got me booted from the instance with a deserter debuff).