Highest Sustain Class?

I’m newly returned to WoW and eagerly anticipating the new expansion that’s about to drop. I’m completely ignorant in what class changes have been made. I’d like to roll a new class and get it leveled up to max during the pre-patch, but I just don’t know what to pick.

Historically I’ve been into healers with DPS off spec. I’ve tanked in the past too, but it by far my least played roll. Because of this the class has to be hybrid, filling multiple rolls. I played a druid and hunter mostly during BFA, so those are out. I’m sick and tired of looking at the same druid forms. Hunters was fun, but I’d like to try something new. I like to solo all the big, bad monsters floating around the world, so good sustain is important. Probably a tank spec would work best for this. I also really enjoy playing a support role. There’s no bard or enchanter like in Everquest, but some classes support better than others.

I don’t care about being top of the damage charts. I’ll never raid outside of LFR or push the top end of mythic+. Filthy casual here no matter how much I’d like to be otherwise.

Any advice?

1 Like

If your not set on a tank and like ranged, give priest a try. Shadow has been reworked and is looking great. Disc and holy are healers, but disc is more of a hybrid healer/dps. Disc does more dps than any other healer. Priests have good sustain probably as good or better than most tanks.

Blood DK has historically been the tank with most sustain (healing), but not sure if it’s the same in the pre patch. Priest, paladin, druid, and monk are the classes that will give you two specs with a support role. Check out you tube there are guides on every class/spec.

Give protection paladin a try/look. The extra interrupts from Avenger’s Shield helps a lot with sustain by eliminating much of the damage that comes out from more difficult mobs.

Brewmaster monk might also be worth looking at, but I typically shy away from it since using energy on a tank spec feels limiting to me somehow.

I haven’t played a priest for the past two xpac’s but am having a lot of fun with Shadow this time around. Tackling a lot of content that I would have avoided soloing in the past.