Higher latency due to using Oceanic server for instances

Having the same issues, I’m about over this bs.

“It’s your ISP.”
– Blizzard

Having issues to play, all my raid is redirected to Sydney when we join to a raid. We can’t play with that ping (500ms)
When we are out from the raid (open world) we have our normal MS on Chicago Server.
Please fix it, we can’t play and we dont want to pay a VPN for play this Subscription Monthly Game

We’re seeing connections to singapore everytime we zone into a raid, 300+ms. Fix this please.

I’ve read this in another thread too, about people being thrown in to servers that are far away from their locale.

My question is, how or what kind of software are you guys using to look up which physical server you’re being routed too?
Because WinMTR does not display this.

I’d like to use the same method to see if its the same issue I’m having too.
Because I also randomly get a 500+ to even 10k+ ms when I’m joining instanced content. And I’d like to lookup which server I’m being thrown in to.

tcpview is just one, there are many. That one is a microsoft, google it. You can also do this with built in command prompt, but this just makes it easy and groups the connections by process.

The list of IPs wow uses are:

The Americas 137.221.105.2 (US West) or 24.105.62.129 (US Central)
Europe 185.60.112.157 or 185.60.112.158 or 185.60.114.159
Korea 211.115.104.1
Taiwan 210.71.148.11
Oceania 103.4.115.248

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll definitely look in to tcpview.

I’m aware of the IPs WoW uses btw, since I always use WinMTR when I experience lag to see if its on my side or not.

Edit: tcpview was showing me Netherlands Amsterdam server IPs, even though I’m playing on a US West server. World ping currently is kind of on the high end, still playable though.
But strange.

Definitely will check again if/when my pings go back to normal.

Edit2: thx for the reply below Maiv, will take a note of that too!

Some players are using Exit Lag (VPN) and that software said were are u located

1 Like

As far as server location, you can’t go by that. In most cases, the address shown for a server is the address it is registered to. It has no bearing on where or what continent the router is on. Location would be Long/Lat degrees or GPS location, many do not reveal those.

Interesting.

Then I guess we have no way of knowing where we’re physically being routed through…

Those 103.4.115.x IP’s are clearly Oceanic realms located in Sydney. Trace will show hops in LA before it gets dumped off to Telstra’s network where it goes through machines that look like they’re in Sydney.

It is also literally the IP listed ( for the oceanic data center ) on the tech support traceroute document blizzard hosts.

Choose World of Warcraft from the drop down.

US players are currently being dumped into the Oceanic data center every time they zone into an instance. This is crippling the ability to raid tonight. Twitter is non-responsive. Technical forums non-responsive.

Very easy to see and diagnose. Steps to reproduce.

Be on a character that normally connects to Chicago data center.

Be outside an instance, check your connections WoW is making with something like TCP View from Sys Internals. You will see normal Chicago connection.

Zone into a raid (BoD, Nylotha, etc)

Check your connections again, you will now see you are connected to Singapore aka Oceanic IP 103.4.115.248. Congrats on your unplayable latency.

Seems like something in the network infrastructure is busted and is not spinning up new instances in the Chicago datacenter.

2 Likes

With luck, hopefully this will be moved to the tech support team for you.

Just bumping this. Second night this week we’ve had to cancel/lost a majority of our raid night due to our entire raid having 200-300+ MS the second we zone into Nzoth room. We’re within a handful of pulls of finishing the raid. No communication from Blizz. incredibly frustrating coming from a company that has had the resources to fix problems like this for over a decade

3 Likes

This happened to us weeks ago as well it’s not exactly a new thing but it is becoming more common. Happened 2 times for us this week.

What Valky said.

What Faraksisis said

Please fix this for Hosie he can’t be the 1st dead on Nzoth another night.

2 Likes

Yeah! :sob: :sweat_drops: :sweat_drops: :sweat_drops: :sweat_drops: :sweat_drops: