Higher latency due to using Oceanic server for instances

Playing on US-Area52, was raiding earlier (pretty sure instance server was on US and not OCE) and ping was fine until halfway through when it suddenly spiked to 5k+. Finished raiding, started farming emissaries on alts, ping is perfectly normal outside of Ny’alotha.

Indonesia with Firstmedia ISP. No connection problems outside of WoW. This happened last week too.

1 Like

its still going on. so many frustrating arena games. i literally cannot kick and reflect. Im just losing games because in the time it takes for a warlock to get two chaos bolts off ive mortal striked once.

any connections to a NA server is basically a coinflip as to whether or not the connection is going to brick itself.

Just finished WQing, no lag. I think it’s only inside instances.

Can identify similar issues while doing M+ not sure exactly if i was within an Oceanic server but everything is fine outside of the instance, up to 2k ping inside.

Still managed to time it though :slight_smile: lol

everything was fine until the screen froze and followed a 1k lag peak and even disconnected, this coincides with the day release call of duty free week

It’s been weeks and they aren’t responding, Small indie company?

1 Like

Hello there people from Oceanic servers!

I’m Fives from Goldrinn-US, one brazilian server.

Here at Brazil we have been facing the same problem of high global latency.
It has been over two weeks since the problem started and in the Brazilian forums, I have seen several people complaining.

For two weeks I haven’t seen a single blizzard position on the subject. When I tried to contact them through tickets, they said that it should be a problem for the operator and that if I wanted better performance, I should use a VPN.
In other words, paying more for a problem that is increasingly shown by them.

I just wanted to leave my indignation here and tell you that you aren’t alone in this problem.
I want Blizzard to speak to all of us about this problem and not just make excuses.

And I’m still going to leave Blizzard’s motto to remind employees of something that has guided the company through the years… “All voices matter.”

Hey guys! Found out something interesting, if you que as leader and get leader, the latency issues completely go away! Seems as if the leaders server is the one that is getting used for some reason.

1 Like

That does make sense, but why are we even using oceanic servers for instancing people all over the world to begin with?

I’m with Fives there and also live in Brazil. Ive been facing the same issues and using VPN hasn’t been a solution like they’ve said.

I’m all over the forums looking for an alternative. So far the only two “tricks” I’ve learned were:

• Relog as soon as you enter the instance and notice lag;
  • Queue as leader (will try that next);

Hey again everybody,

I know it’s been a bit since my last update, so I wanted to poke my head back in. USUALLY we don’t do these unless we have something important to share, but I wanted to provide a “Half update” at least.

The behavior we’ve seen on these instance servers is really bizarre, and we’re working on unravelling it. We shouldn’t need any more reports, though you’re more than welcome to keep communicating the issues to us periodically on this thread (so we don’t think it magically fixed itself.)

Either way, however, we have folks on it. Since we don’t currently know the exact extent of why this is doing what it’s doing, I can’t provide an update as to what is going on or when it will be fixed, but I at least wanted everybody to know that folks have eyes on it. I’m watching the internal ticket we have on this, however, so if I hear anything worth mentioning y’all will be the third to know (after the devs, then us.)

1 Like

last week i cant do any m+. seems its going to be this week as well =) we need compensation! i did not do any m+ on 4 my toons! Bliizzaaarrdd!!!?
Ty for the fixing tho <3

Thank you for the official response - Can we get a stickied thread at the top of the support forums so people don’t make anymore threads?

I don’t think this is limited to just M+ or BGs as today it seems that I am at my normal 200 or so MS (Playing in the Philippines) but joining a scenario for a horrific vision spikes up to 1500MS+ give or take.

Fortunately haven’t started anything so didn’t lose vessel but hopefully it gets worked out soon.

Hi!
In the Latam servers do the same thing, but we go to UK after arrived at Chicago.
There have a lot of WinMTR xD

1 Like

LatAm server issue thread here -

I play from China, and generally get around 180ms in the open world. However when I try to do bgs, dungeons, and some world quest bosses through group finder I will get ping spikes in the thousands making it unplayable.

arena servers seem largely unaffected and I don’t lag out hard there. It’s unfortunate because I just want to enjoy bgs until shadowlands but it’s rare I get a decent connection (200 is decent for me).

I have same issue for the whole week. It definitely come from Blizzard’s server redirecting system and why they blame for the covid-19? Does people not using internet when they are at work? And the quarantine is almost over in most of asian countries.

Are North American players in dungeon finder supposed to be grouped wiht Oceanic players? Because I got placed into a group with OCE players about a week ago and got all the latency that comes with connecting to an Australian instance.

1 Like

Yeah something is definitely wrong. I’m in the east coast US and I’ve been slowly going between 200ms <-> 2000+ms (disconnects). I’m on AT&T fiber and never have any lag issues.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.