High Ping this week just in WoW, no other games, and on pacific realms

I’m an NA player and been having issues with Tichondrius ping. My World ping is 500+ randomly. Tried my Illidan character and I had 34 ping instead. My normal tich ping is around 60.

I’m on ATT fiber. A few other games(not on my end but from what I’ve seen from other users) have had issues with ATT fiber this week but I was just now playing Diablo 4 and my ping was fine and if I check it, its fine while my WoW is having issues.

I’ve reinstalled my WoW, cleared my folders and started back from stock, and disabled addons.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

2 Likes

Ran into the same thing this evening, just in M+ instance of Underot from a CST server. Was fine in the outer world. Didn’t start until the M+ instance, then random lag spikes. Checked network traffic and it was all fine. Can ping google and discord infinitely with no packet loss. Pinged battlenet and lost a bunch of packets. It appears to just be Blizz.

1. Download WinMTR https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000027780
  2. Unzip the file to your desktop
  3. Run the WinMTR as Admin
  4. Type in your WoW Servers IP Address in “host”.
  5. Click “Start” and open the game. Let the MTR test run for at least 10 minutes to capture this issue occurring.
  6. Click “Copy text to clipboard”
  7. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between:
    ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.