High Ping in Oceanic server especially in Malaysia region

recently this week a lot of players having high ping around 200-400ms. sometimes we get random dc. please fix this asap. we cant play like this or at least compensate us with extra game time or gold! we dont pay gametime for lag like this

5 Likes

latency still 350 above and gets worse in raid etc.

2 Likes

love the raid with 350 ms way to go blizzard.

2 Likes

Cmon blizzard. Please fix this asap.

2 Likes

Huh, I thought it is just my internet problem. Australia, 100+ ping. 500+ when team with US

2 Likes

There’s some kind of problem with US - OCE connection atm. I’ve played on OCE servers for two expansions and never noticed any problems. With DF I’ve noticed that I’ll get completely unplayable latency randomly when I’m on an oceanic server, and it looks like vice versa for oceanic players on US servers. I normally only have 150-180 MS ON oceanic servers from a US west coast connection. But lately that has been randomly spiking into the thousands for world and home MS.

2 Likes

It is because of Malaysia ISP routing problem.
I have tried ExpressVPN connected to Singapore CBD and Indonesian Server, both give about 150ms latency in oceanic server. In world, about 200~300 ms.
Without VPN, oceanic give at least 300~400 ms, world: 200-300 ms.

5 Likes

Exact same problem on Barthilas when connecting to any US or instance groups. Ping shoots up through the roof for no apparent reason when connected to a US server. Also, an Aussie friend playing on Illidan has been experiencing the same while playing on US servers. Is there a routing problem with the servers in relation to OCE, perhaps?

today with vpn latency around 300ms. got booted from raid becuase i dced at boss 1%. sadlife i cant loot

I have tested with ExpressVPN, if connect to ASEAN and Australia server, latency around 300ms. If connect to Hong Kong, Taiwan will get 200ms.

Change your dns to
works for me from Malaysia

i use the same vpn. last week connection to cbd singapore i can get around 150ms. this week ping around 200-300ms but the worst part is disconnection duting boss fight. usually it will happen when boss have low hp

1 Like

Singapore CBD, Indonesia both will dc during night time. Daytime is stable.
Currently all ASEAN server give at least 250 ms

this morning me and guildies had few random dc

Exitlag ftw guys…

Blizz wont do anything… been going on since last exp and same time of the year

Using exitlag. 97ms to Frostmourne. Once I get into some US raids, got routing issue, have to reconnect to fix it.

Hi all, exactly the same here :
Crazy high ping in Raids at night (9 to 12 PM) Singapore time from Barthilas server.
We are talking about 600 to 1500 ms on average, resulting in making the game impossible to play (and being kicked of groups due to low performance in game…)

Rebooting the game allows to go down to 300 ms, before going up again.

@Blizzard, any upcoming fix on this ?

What is frustrating is that I just re-created an account in Oceanic, while I had one in EU for 10+ years, thinking it will be better to play in my own time-zone with better ping, but it’s actually worse than playing on EU Servers…

No lag whatsoever on either oce or US ever since I started using exitlag. :muscle:

i just switched from us servers back to oceanic (live in new zealand) is way better for me on oceanic with latency