High Latency issue

Hey guys, I’ve tried the troubleshooting and have not been able to solve the high latency issues I am experiencing. On my laptop on the same wifi and location, I manage to get >100ms in world and home. However, on my desktop it seems to go over 100ms and has even reached 1680ms at one point. What can I do to solve this issue for my desktop? The connection is wifi.

Hey there Jecklez,

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out with those details. Based on the information you’ve provided, the latency issues on your desktop are likely due to the use of a wireless/WiFi adapter, as wireless connections are prone to interference and are considered unstable due to many factors such as physical barriers (walls, glass, etc), other types of waves (microwaves, etc), damage to the hardware (USB Ports or WiFi antenna), or computer power issues. The easiest way to see if your WiFi devices are the problem is connecting directly to your modem or router via Ethernet. Note that we do not directly support wireless connections. If you find that WiFi is the problem, you can contact the support team for the WiFi device or the wireless router.

If WiFi is your only option and you physically can’t get plugged into the router by any means, you might want to try switching the WiFi band that you are connected to (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz). Try the one that you’re not connected to currently. 5Ghz WiFi tends to be more stable for shorter distances, where 2.4Ghz is better if you need to be able to connect to your WiFi from farther away. You’ll need to look up your router’s make and model for information on how to enable this and connect.

If all else fails, you will need to work with your Internet Service Provider to troubleshoot the connection to your desktop. I do hope this information helps nonetheless!

2 Likes