High IO DPS Derailing Keys

So I am a healer with 2785 io and something close to like 20 or so timed 20s and above. And I’m not gunna lie if I’m running 15s for crests or helping buds I am paying a lot less attention in the run over all than I usually am when trying to time a 21 or 22. I generally still +2 and at the very least time those keys. But generally of people are playing poorly and it looks like we won’t time I’ll kinda check out even more. It’s a bad habbit but a habbit none the less. I’m neurodivergent and the close focus that I need for the 20s+ is exhausting to me so I kinda turn it off when I can. That being said I wouldn’t say 1900 is an io super above running 15s. I wouldn’t even say KSM is super above running the 15 mark. I would recommend raider io just so you can see how many keys in that range the group has timed. That will give you a far better idea of how well the key is going to go rather than rating alone. It’ll also show you if someone has experience and that is their alt. Like. 1500 rated person who has a 2800 alt is probably a far better grab than someone with 2k rating on their main. I am sorry the dungeon experience has been going poorly for you at this time. But that being said you can’t time every key especially in a pug. I go into every key with the intention to time and the expectation that it won’t. It’s also a grab bag when pugging and io alone is never an indication of a key timing. I have had some 2800 groups flop and then some 2600 groups slam a 22. I hope it ramps up for you. This week is definitely a little harder than last just due to the dungeon lay outs with sanguine. Good luck pushing friend.

1 Like

It’s kinda hilarious that you think anything under 2500 is high.

Thos were right around your io rating requirement for a 15.

Hell I’ve gotten to 2500 without touching more than two or three 20s. The scores don’t matter. Get the addon and look at their highest run relevant to what you’re running.

1 Like

I’ve had friends tell me high io players ruin their keys and when I ask their rating usually around 2.4k. I’m currently 3k and still get declined from crest keys or even normal raid. Doesn’t phase me just ironic.

3 Likes

High IOs

/tencharlimit

Wait till you find out people in +23s with 3k IO will still somehow throw keys

It don’t happen as much , but yes it still happens . As always it’s better to run with people you know

1 Like

I’ve got bad news for you. Nothing you listed is high IO. Worse, people who you likely think are super high IO still make some astounding mistakes. The number of 3K players making mistakes they have no business making is wild.

A 1900 and 1700 player making mistakes in a 15 is anything but surprising. You can get to 2K without even touching a 20 key.

all 16s = 2000

16s/17s timed well (which is laughable) = 2.5k

all 18s is maybe 2.5k.

High IO

/tenreeechartcount

This is a great case of numbers and achievements don’t mean poop. Just like with everything in this game dealing with pug means ymmv.

Also I feel really bad for the healer in that situation.

Yeah, not that high io really. I just hit 2k yesterday, and am still learning new things about dungeons literally every day

High IO

/tenreeechartcount

IO score isn’t an exact metric of player skill, same as gear score. IO is not a fluid score, it only goes up, so if you pay for a boost or get carried, it will never go back down again.

Aka

2700 Shadow Priest can do sub-100k overall, or the 2800 Enhancement Shaman that dies to every cleave / frontal / mechanic in the dungeon, then leaves after wiping the group by body pulling.

I’ve said this 100 times and I’ll say it forever.

Until we have a fluid metric, you will always have this issue.

1 Like

Lol, no it isn’t. 2k is mostly 13s and 2 14s. All 16s is around 2250.

Tanks pulling 3 mobs at a time will have me sub 100k every time.

1 Like

I’m talking about DPS that should be doing damage, but are not doing damage, despite having the gear / exp to do that damage.

Case in point. I’m literally 30k+ above everyone in the group. This is a 20, you should be doing some damage.

I’m stuck on the part where you call yourself “dragon uwu”.

1 Like

:dracthyr_comfy_blue:

1 Like

There isn’t a 20 right now that requires the entire group to be averaging 110k+. This meter looks like you just carried them more than you were otherwise expecting due to extremely good performance. Pat yourself on the back and don’t fret over this specific example, tbh.

We didn’t time this key.

how close?