High IO DPS Derailing Keys

This was happening off and on a few weeks ago but now it seems like a common trait for very high last S and S2 IO holders are nothing more than a libilty.

Tonight, i tried to run a Vortex 15. Thats a low key, easy in and easy out. Do your job and we are golden. a 1900+ Warr had other plans. Pulling with throw, taunting off me for fun, getting mad, when he would die… On top of this the warlock that was high 1700s couldnt get passed 75k on the meter in AOE or ST.

Just to spicy it up the the Shaman, who has cleared Hero raid couldnt stop standing in everything.

I had thought it was just bad luck and that slackers happen, stand in the fire lol. All that cliche stuff but this is bad, really bad.

3 Likes

1900 dps is like 6 dungeons timed on 15. Expect anything when pugging with players in that range.

5 Likes

Get raider(dot)io, and look at the actual number of runs they’ve done, not just the final score they have. For example, someone with very few 5-9 runs trying to run 10+s should get more practice, you don’t want to invite that person, or join their group, unless you’re willing to take a chance. And of course, every person like that is “2.6k io main, trust”…

It’s kinda of a pain, and not foolproof, but it does help a little bit with weeding out the people that got carried and people that are actually running dungeons.

*edit: And as someone said, 1900 isn’t really high, over 2k is where the actual guys that run big keys are at. Maybe even higher than that? I’ve had the best luck in bringing people closer to my io/completion level.

5 Likes

For a 15, those are low ios. 1700 is an average of around 11s.

2 Likes

FYI, +15 across would be 2200. Which means the 1900 and 1700 don’t even have +13s timed across the board.

These IO/Score are way below what is considered “high” and just shows that you have no idea what you are talking about.

2 Likes

Yeah, 2200 - 2500 I’d expect fair knowledge… 2500+ I’m surprised if they fail. But sub 2k is a crap shoot.

1 Like

Timed runs is your best bet. I look for 5-10+ timed runs at the level I’m doing. Usually get decent players that way.

2 Likes

That is a high IO for a low key. I have a much lower IO and complete 14-15s. I never said they had completed 15s, in S2. Two of them had 2200+ io in S1. They have high IOs for such a low key, this S.

Are you okay ?

Sometimes you just get some weirdo who trolls groups for fun. Had a tank in the middle of the run with no deaths/wipes pull a large pack no one ever pulls and alt+f4. Wasted everyone’s time for no reason.

1 Like

I mean one of the worst players I have ever played with is a 2400 prot paladin right now. Gets carried all the time by his dps friends so its not just dps that can brick a key.

2 Likes

In my case, since I am almost 2200, that is with 16s timed and untimed, but a fair amount of the untimed might be in what would be considered the “gimme” range, I.E. less then 10% over

Timed runs might be best, but just over time are also good to look at, as sometimes that breaks down into someone in the group messed up or they tripped over the finish line.

Just as an example: I have a timed 16 UR and an untimed 16 UR, but until last week I had timed all my UR runs. This week I tried a 17 NL, just missed the timer (it was so close that it could have easily been the same score as my timed 16 tyr, so the game says my best run is a 17 but raider.io says it is the 16), but again most, if not all, of my NL runs had been timed till this week

In a twist of fate though, I had no timed FH, but this week I timed a 16. Just trying to show that sometimes the time/untimed issue can be out of the hands of the one you are looking at, like they might have had a hard carry or just a lot of small goofs that caused the key to go over time.

I’d like to hear more about this.

This isn’t viewable without actually firing up the website. I already take the time to look through the groups and the extra run data provided by the addon, so chances of me actually firing up a website to see detailed run info is pretty slim.
This is prob why some people will bail on a run when it’s not going to time. (Not a policy I agree with unless it’s going WAY bad)

So, despite not disagreeing with you, your untimed run count won’t show to someone using the addon, only highest finished keys (which include untimed) for dungeons.

Honestly, if you’re running a decent amount of dungeons, and not trying to skip up to the higher keys without putting in the time, your timed count (and it shows a total, not for that specific dungeon) will be fine.

I try to get 1 of each dungeon in at the lowest level I have set (currently 16s) done each week. I might skip the lower keys (started this season with 11s) but after a certain point I try to have a timed run for the dungeon with the first affix (fort/tyr) before moving on the the next level, like I won’t do a 17 tyr unless I have a 16 tyr timed, but if I have a 16 tyr timed but not a 16 fort timed, I won’t go for the 17 fort barring it being by key.

Except it isn’t, especially with Crest farmers completely carrying people.

Okay, and? You seem to think that IO/Score is representative of skill. It isn’t. All it does is represent past experience.

Which is still low.

1 Like

I mean its not much to hear. Usually half of his keys or more are not timed on IO and he fails out of most of the other ones. But he’s friends with some really good players and it takes the dps brute forcing keys for him to succeed. He also used to heal and dps in our guild and was dead last in those as well almost all of the time.

1 Like

It will be okay, you know that right ? you spend an awful lot of time attacking. so your 2564 io is low ? oh wait its yours, prob high b/c its your rating.

I am 1884 io on my resto druid and I have never done a key past 14. Do not trust io to be honest.

I form my groups and I downloaded PGF premade group filter (I think that’s what the app is called) to see what key they have done the highest. Especially dps/healing classes or dps/tank classes because the score can be a combination of those roles.

IO does not equate skill anymore tbh. Your best bet is to just find some friendos or get your own personal group formed for keys

1 Like

Wheres the high IO? 1900 is extremely average. Anyone worth their salts got 2k within the first couple weeks