High elves for both the alliance and horde

One might say it was a band aid by blizzard in an attempt to quell the High Elf debate in its early years.

I liked this for RP in the alliance buuuuuuuut, i’m afraid that the horde is losing more than gaining from it, I hope that the Nightborne get some of the Night Elves customizations too, and they need it cuz they are the worst AR of the game, too clumsy and without customization, so it would be great if they too get some love. after that i would call it even.

on a lore perspective i agree that the Blood elves now are a shadow of what they were, but alas the world changes and it with we must adapt.

4 Likes

And when Alliance and Horde get High Elves, no one will have it.

There are still significant differences between Blood Elves and Void Elves.

Blood Elves have access to every class Void Elf has, but Void Elves don’t have demon hunters or paladins (which makes sense).

Void Elves hair customization is still the same so far, so you still have your tentacles, half mohawks, emo themes and all of that.

The lore implication of these customizations to me is simply High Elves and Blood Elves joining the Ren’dorei in a more controlled way to change, thus not getting the same radical transformations as the first group.

For people that want to RP as high elves, you have few options, but now it is possible, i still don’t understand the appeal of them, they’re the most arrogant elf race that shows no sign of real friendship and good relationship with the Alliance. Umbric and Alleria won me to the Void Elves a long time ago.

Good the alliance has less people, if more blood elf players go alliance this is a good thing for the health of the game

4 Likes

Monkey paw wish granted for anyone who wanted blue eyed Blood Elves on the Horde.

7 Likes

I dont even like high elves, but the entitlement of horde players is always fun to see

12 Likes

I would honestly argue what made Blood Elves unique died all the way back in BC when the Sunwell was reignited. After that the need for those drastic morally questionable acts to survive which defined them were tossed out and everyone focused on returning to rebuilding and bushiness as normal in Quel’thalas. Then after the retcons that Chronicle did it pretty much boiled down to a political decision.

13 Likes

So if we now have options to make the actually asked-for version of Poor Man’s Imitation High Elves, does that mean I can ask to get an option to put the Poor Man’s Imitation Vrykul on a diet? Or to go full Robocop with a Poor Man’s Imitation Mechagnome?

3 Likes

How is it poor mans? Void elves are getting every single blood elf customization too

Well perhaps this opens the door for Nightborne to get all Night Elf Customization as well. That was every elf can be on every faction.

3 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA maybe if nelves have a split like belves did you’ll get that

1 Like

Oh? Well there is the Moon Guard, and the Refugees who held up in Shal’aran during Legion. Perhaps they joined the Nightborne / Horde.

As the Ren’dorei have proven, you don’t need to be more than a small group to open up that possibility.

2 Likes

the moon guard never joined the nightborn lol

1 Like

Alliance is going to swiftly become the most played faction now. Blood Elves were basically the only thing keeping people Horde.

1 Like

I am sure you’ll be fine, not everyone is gonna pay 30 dollars to have Disneyland castles as there hubs

1 Like

Oh im sure they will give the Horde another Vulpera like race if that happens.

We do end up lacking paladins. Personally I wish they would add a “choice” racial(like the Zandalari) which if you pick make you officially a high elf.

2 Likes

Eh? I don’t see wut changed. Still poncy mana sippin’ dandies! GROW A PROPPA BEARD.

Forum RP aside, you hordies should use the opportunity to argue for something actually worth having.

Like glorious dwarves of your very own.

7 Likes

They are getting something, they are getting high elves too

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. I enjoyed your posts even when I disagreed.

1 Like

I really wanted the high/blood elf ideology to be explored more, because that’s the only difference. Always found void elves as a bit weird but it did seem like a big enough change to warrant a different race.

It would have been cool to see the blue eyes be exclusive to alliance. I wouldn’t have minded that. Don’t see why a few here are so upset.

If I could have made the decision about high elves I would have had an ingame “battle for silvermoon” scenario where a mini civil war breaks out, it could feature characters like rommath maybe introduce a few new ones. In the end, blood elves become a neutral race with horde having the green eyes and alliance having blue. I wouldn’t really care if high elves ended up taking silver moon or if blood elves pushed out the rebels. Either would be cool.

1 Like