High elves for both the alliance and horde

well this happened, the title is clickbait and I dont know if you will be able to give your void elf green eyes or not

edit: both the horde and alliance are getting blue eyes

5 Likes

This is fine with me. I’ve always felt that straight up high elves would have intruded way too hard on the blood elf racial identity, and completely invalidated the void elves. This is a real compromise on the issue to me.

30 Likes

At long last the hill has no dead bodies on it

23 Likes

Well High Elves are a thing now I mean I guess they have a case of ‘Bad hair day syndrome’ but well there ya go.

This is basically the best of both worlds anyone who complains about this is going to be in a huge minority.

10 Likes

I ain’t changin’ my Void Elf from her glorious purple hue.

I think I might make a Blood Elf Mage with blue eyes though. See how much hate mail I get.

1 Like

So they finally have the people what they wanted. It’s about time.

1 Like

So… No difference in Blood Elves and High Elves besides eye color and hair style?

Not gonna lie, not a fan. I get it’s a compromise, but it just looks kinda dirty.

I’m probably just bitter that Nightborne still only have three skin tints.

2 Likes

I’ll post it here too! I’m HYPE.

Deliberating on if Falothorin gets a makeover.

3 Likes

Yeah, they need to fix that…

Edit: ALSO LF Draenei have like 3 variants of “near-pure white”, so that too while they’re at it.

7 Likes

Maybe they will let Nightborne use all the Night Elf Skintones as well?

Every Elf for every faction.

So now the Horde has Sin’dorei, Quel’dorei, Shal’dorei
and Alliance has Ren’dorei, Quel’dorei, and Kaldorei

Lots of Dorei.

11 Likes

I do worry this will have an impact on Void Elves and their narrative later on. I’m happy for new customization but they were sold to us as a new flavour of elf. I hope this doesn’t change their identity too much.

4 Likes

We ALL WIN <33333 I love this so much

6 Likes

Danseur was pretty clear that this customisation in SHL is meant to be flavour and RP more than anything. Beyond making the concept of void elves creating new recruits/degrees of void corruption (both of which we all p much considered canon anyway), I don’t think it’ll mean much.

4 Likes

Well, all I always said the day they gave my favourite playable Horde race to the Alliance would be the day I quit, so I immediately unsubbed. Should have done it months ago, anyway, since I haven’t touched the game since X-Mas. I think I run out on June 1. Cheers,
all.

27 Likes

I mean they did that in Legion already?

Not a fan of this at all. It further muddies the Blood Elf-Horde identity that they have been struggling with since BC. This effectively makes the Blood Elves a neutral race which changes their dynamic within the game.

There wasn’t even a compromise where we got anything legitimate in some sort of “trade”.

We didn’t even get undead or fel based elves, we got skin tones that mean nothing.

13 Likes

Nope both get the same eye colors if you want

Well, Alliance got the Horde elves’ fair skin tones and the Horde got the Alliance elves’ blue eyes, essentially splitting the “high elf” aesthetic between the factions. I agree, in an ideal world they’d never have taken it this far, but if they had to cave into the high elf begging this is definitely the best ending.

4 Likes

I am basically interpreting the blue eyed blood elves as either:

1. Drawing more heavily on the arcane magics of the Sunwell with a trickle of Light energy purifying you results in blue eyes.
  2. Between BC era Sunwell reignition and now some OG high elves returned to Quel’thals after the practices they found abhorrent were abandoned. Such people I imagine would be more “Quel’thalas Nationalists” who see any ties to the Horde or Alliance as a matter of convenience.

I imagine it is a mix of both.

3 Likes

How blood elf eye color works is so stupid.