High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

Blood Elves are the majority of High Elves. Silvermoon, Quel’thalas. Biologically the same, too. Pilgrims are allowed to visit the Sunwell, even.

Like we wanted to have our thread for a while but it was made clear that there was supposed to just be one thread for all of this elf discussion. Primer thread was made when the mega was almost full, that’s what we should be using.

There is no if with high elves. It is a when. We have decades of time to wait. There is no rush. They will happen at some point. Whether this dev team or the ones that come after them are the ones to do it is irrelevant.

4 Likes

Yet, void elves were added instead.

No, not first.

Instead.

1 Like

There is a lot of difference.

The containment Thread has a very negative tone which will turn people away from it. The openin gpoint is a very negative one towards the discussing the follwing post are also negative, so we dont really have a change to talk in that thread.

The our point is to create a thread where we can talk in a posity way, where our voice is heard without the negativity tone set by the that guy.

2 Likes

Void elves are not high elves. It is like pointing to mag’har and calling it mok’nathal. Just because they look similar doesn’t mean it is a replacement or an alternative addition over the other.

1 Like

Except it wont. You’d be lying to yourself to think otherwise. Void elves were a compromise from blizzard to appease the high elf fans. That ship has sailed. They are not going to repeat the same race a third time in-game.

1 Like

But the High Elf crowd was listened to and ignored for them. That was the direct answer. That means there’s good reasons why they’re not playable on the Alliance.

One of those being quoted by the actual game director, Blood Elves fulfill the High Elf fantasy and are waiting for you on the Horde.

1 Like

blizzard has never said such things and you have no authority to speak on. I am not lying to myself. I am here for the long game. I will wait more years for high elves if I must.

You’ll be waiting till the day that WoW servers are finally shut down then.

1 Like

Blood elves do fulfill the high elf fantasy. Of the overall fantasy genre. High elves in WoW post warcraft 3 are not the high elves of the fantasy genre. They have changed culturally and thematically.

I’m willing to wait.

Not playing wow, but something else.

And if never happens it wont change my life. I still think blizzard made a bad decision but I’ll carry on.

3 Likes

Again Ion said so is a bad argument.

They make mistakes and can change their mind.

5 Likes

When you say they, which small group of High Elf citizens do you mean?

The Silver Covenant, which is the Alliance-biased servant to the neutral Kirin Tor?

A couple of lodges? A few refugees here and there? What culture? They don’t have a collective culture.

One thing most Thalassian elves have always shared, is that the overwhelming majority of them never liked to bind themselves to the Alliance for a long period of time, a behavior from Warcraft 2.

Until they do, it’s not a bad argument, is it?

Has happened more than once. The game changes and so does Blizz, which is why player feedback is important.

2 Likes

all of it combined. We have human elves, wood elves, magic elves. All together collectively known as high elves in WoW.

But THEY are not combined, and they want to live where they live.

It was restored, and not considered spam :blue_heart: and I am happy to see the positivity from anyone in favor, and continue to respect opposition, I love all the Elves :blue_heart:

7 Likes

Good, because it isn’t spam.

No one is forcing them to move and that is the point of them being made a playable race.

Things don’t remain static. Together they would be a whole race. Are the dwarves living in the wetlands any less dwarves than those in dun morogh?