High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

I’m out of likes oof! But anyways I tend to like both BEs and HEs, and think the potential rivalry storyline has some nice things to hype me up on my pre existing love of faction war narratives. I just sort of assume everyone likes both when they talk about one suffering more than the other or vice versa because it can easily be applied back to the other.

That’s one of my biggest feelings of lost potential they have the Blood Elves constantly pinned against NEs from Eversong to Azshara to the quip with Shandris and Lor’themar “The sentinels had old knowledge of the land back when the Farstriders were still young” or what ever she said… Night Elf and Highborne in the form of Nightborne I think make a much nicer and more sensible adversary foil for the two, and Alliance High Elves schism with Blood Elves makes a more sensible thing too.

Because I want Alliance HE’s but I sure am going to begrudge their narrative on my Blood Elves because they never came back to HELP Quel’thalas, and the begrudging sentiment on the Alliance HE side has potential too.

2 Likes

Well, at least this part…

…was nice to see instead of someone trying to state that as if it were a fact.

SUBJECTIVE OPINION:

High Elves, instead of a) coming to the aid of their brethren, b) accepting the call from their hereditary leader to re-brand as Blood Elves in solidarity to honor the fallen, and c) helping the Scourge-shattered nation rebuild, instead sought to remain - in comfort and in safety - in the friendly confines of Dalaran and Stormwind cooling their heels while the Blood Elves fought to survive and rebuild.

7 Likes

The blood elves had it coming!

In all seriousness, both groups are flawed and had their challenges, which is what makes them interesting. I don’t want to play a perfect high elf, I want to play someone who questions the choices she made, and misses the people she can no longer see because of said choices.

I don’t want the narrative to be that the blood elves are bad and high elves are good. I don’t want it to be that high elves are bad and blood elves good. They both just made different choices.

12 Likes

I am here to show my positivity for playable Quel’dorei for the Alliance :hugs:

10 Likes

I love them as well - my Horde main is a Blood Elf :slight_smile:

That was just my opinion on their lore. No contest or argument was intended.

3 Likes

Now that I can post again and have braved the Outside to gather supplies…

This sounds an awful lot like there not being any actual numbers, just however many the devs need at that time.

I’d say you can easily presume that the Thalassian elves have an approximate population similar to those groups, since the whole shebang suffered the loss of nearly all of their population, not just the groups that ran away from the rest of the survivors.

I know, those slackers in Dalaran had HORRIBLE service for the magical bon-bons they ate. What suffering, not something fun like getting to live through a zombie movie.

2 Likes

Stay safe and healthy :hugs: I don’t have to get anything for awhile thankfully oof

6 Likes

How about getting to live through a zombie movie and then have your own people exile you for being vegan?

I used a mask and gloves today when buying groceries. I thought I would be the only one, but surprisingly many if not most people there were also wearing a mask and gloves :scream:

I always have masks anyways for flu season!

But I just watched Naomi Campbell’s YouTube video of her traveling back home to New York rn in full mask gloves eye wear a like scrub like thing and then she threw on her Burberry coat over it lol. She was lecturing the airport people about gloves “If they don’t tell you … wear it anyways… do it for yourself do it for your family” I love her lol.

Glad you’re taking precautions Leinadh!

1 Like

I just kept handling things to a minimum and tried to not crowd up with people. Kinda wish more places were being strict like the Aldi here in making limits on certain items so they don’t get wiped out by a few people.

And I guess for the people in the thread or what not, remember this isn’t like polluting the air, if you’re the type that enjoys it, feel free to get outside and walk as long as you don’t think you were exposed. Stay a few feet apart from people of course and don’t lick the trees or sidewalk. But get yourself some vitamin d and out of the house now and then and get those legs moving.

While staying at home, if you like pen and paper there’s a lot of companies doing give aways on sites like drivethrurpg.com Onyx Path has been giving away their 20th anniversary editions of the world of darkness rpgs, today’s is Wraith.
This thread on rpg.net has a good list of stuff that people are giving away to cope with the shelter in place orders and such
https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/world-of-darkness-20th-anniversary-edition-quarantine-giveaways-plus-stuff-from-other-publishers.860704/

On Steam Squeenix is giving away the first of the rebooted Tomb Raider games until 11:59 pm pacific time on monday as well as their diablo-ish lara croft and the tomb of osiris (I think that’s the name, but it’ll be on the main page) too. Along with the Epic Store having their weekly free games (Stanley Paradox and Watchdogs until Thursday)

2 Likes

I just bit my tongue so hard that I’d be crying if it weren’t for the slight sliver of pride I have left.

How is everyone else’s night/day going?

Here’s a couple more good ones by Talendrion.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/384af1931b0d72433d58e4013c5ac47a/tumblr_pi08h6VWIb1smv67eo2_1280.png

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/433270544218062849/501913151353257994/raphah_edit.jpg

And a San’layn/High Elf one by Hipnos.

https://i.redd.it/4mlug8q6n1y01.jpg

9 Likes

I CAN FINALLY HELP PEOPLE WITH IMAGES

11 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

I take a lot of Vitamin D pills myself, and vitamin c liquid packets oof! And still hanging out inside just because its been cold and rainy the last few days in SoCal

Going to level my warlock in a bit :smiley: and doing some stuff for school with the real housewives of New Jersey reunion part THREE on in the background because shrugs hope you’re doing well besides the tongue biting oof

No problem Drede :smiley: I WAS EXCITED TO DO SO FOR THE FIRST TIME HELPING SOMEONE LIKE I SEE PEOPLE DO!!! Also I love them all but I like the description on the third pic as if it goes in the playable races tab on the wow website, very nice… would like to see Paladin for HE though in the classes of it oof!

4 Likes

9 Likes

That sucks, it was 80 and sunny out here today. Just wanted to put out a reminder that if you’re not needing to self isolate or quarantine due to having or being exposed, it’s still fine to get outdoors to exercise (bike, run, walk whatever) just don’t do it as a group.

1 Like

Seems I came too late for the rescue. Well done!

6 Likes