High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Although they said “never say never” they also said if you want the fantasy of one the horde is waiting

I did. The thread got deleted for being silly.

The Blue Eyes for Blood Elves request had nothing to do with your thread about you guys asking for High Elves.

Despite the fact that the very reasons why High elves weren’t added to the Alliance were the very things changed about Void elves. Difference is I’m making a conclusion over things that were said, not accusing a lead designer of lying.

Yawn. You need a snickers.

People in the discussion, does not equal, the whole support for High Elves.

Even some of the High Elf spam threads have gotten upwards of 200 likes per.

With the 2 megathreads at around 500 each.

Plenty of people support the idea, they don’t always want or have to chime in.

Especially with how toxic it’s become thanks to the opposition.

12 Likes

You seem to disagree though

Again, if it have nothing to do with our request, why are you here to oppose it anyway?

5 Likes

At this point, for both sides it’s just about visibility.

So, basically nothing new is being brought to the table?

1 Like

Because Spellbreakers are exclusively Blood Elven. The existence of Shal’dorei Spellbreakers imply it comes from a long tradition, but the lack of them previous the fall of Silvermoon marks them as either nominal or forgotten and they only rose to prominence after the Fall because of their skill set.

In other words, for whatever reason, Spellbreakers only came to be after the fall, there simple weren’t spellbreakers before the Frozen Throne.

No, I’m specifically referring to the “real” bit on the “real high elves” nonsense.

They are both Thalassian Elves, or just elves really. “High Elf” is nothing but the description of the group on a specific period of time.

Blood Elves changed culturally, and they also changed their name, the Modern High Elves also changed culturally, they just didn’t change their name.

The only ones calling themselves now High Elves are not the “real” High Elves, because their culture is not the same, they are in their overwhelming majority expats on human cities, assimilating into another culture.

Blood Elves are neither the “real” High Elves because they also changed, they adapted in order to survive and retake their homeland. They are just a lot more.

Neither group are the “real” High Elves, because that definition fell with Quel’thalas.

Evidently, Void Elves are a compromise for people that wanted an Elf on the alliance. Not necessarily a High Elf.

So, for those who wanted High Elves, specifically, why would we consider Void Elves a compromise when they are not what we wanted?

You can’t claim they are a compromise for people that wanted another thing, this is not hard to understand.

That literally means they are not a compromise for people that wanted High Elves.

12 Likes

I never once said he was lying, but nice try.

So… does this mean you are ready to acknowledge what Ion said at the end of that video? Since you are “making conclusions over things that are said”.

Ooh ouch that was a super comeback.

No u.

8 Likes
  1. I don’t remember that post. And it was so long ago, who knows what the hell I was thinking. I do agree, it is a stupid post I have made.
  2. Disagreements =/= Trolling

Because they are already playable. What? Anti’s aren’t allowed to join the discussion?

That’s actually, true, and I actually do agree with you there

What could be?

I certainly don’t come to the forums for this topic, but it’s always here. The same handful of people will just keep bumping it. If their voices are going to be heard, ours should also… even if it is only screaming into the void.

2 Likes

Well it didn’t take long for a nice conversation to turn ugly when people start accusing others of terrible things. It’s shameful. :pouting_cat:

I’m not saying they’re a compromise for everyone, but many of the people wanted High elves didn’t want them exclusively for their story, but their visual appearance, for some that’s still the case, for others they’re happy playing their void elves.

1 Like

I mean red hair, heck, any hair color has shades. I would call this more of a “strawberry blonde”

Regardless, I think we can all agree that it’s unlikely that Blood Elves gained a hair color after changing their name?

5 Likes

No. My hair is all natural.

2 Likes

That was the entire point of your “Theory” that clearly he lied about knowing who he was, and his backstory and that he googled him and responded to a tweet he had no obligation to actually respond to.

I really hope you aren’t referring to his “anything is possible in the future” comment. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Because I’m honestly not interested in humoring your jaded “I got it from you mom!” argument, as its petty and irrelevant.

void elves are void themed thalassian elves, that is their purpose and point. they are what they are, a variant on a thalassin elf distinguishable enough for the alliance to enjoy without treading on the toes of a core horde race. they gave you void elves knowing a tiny tiny minority wouldnt accept anything less then an exact replication of an already playable race on the other faction. they were never meant to satisfy this minority

too many of you have said un voiding the void elves would be a compromise, completely ignoring(as usual) the model the horde didnt want you have was the compromise. it is far too late to claim its about the ‘lore’ now

That’s all Cezol does here. He’s the worst Pro of the bunch. He harrasses others, he belittles them, he insults them and then wants to hide behind a shield of moral superiority he conjures out of thin air. Or better yet, uses a shield of “well someone else did it to me first, i get to treat everyone like crap and that they are beneath me now”

5 Likes

Honestly he’s become white noise to me. Thread-filler if you will.

1 Like