High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Dark ranger makes sense as a class, but San’layn could be an entire race

7 Likes

Don’t forget all the Void Elves killed in Nazmir leading up to the Battle for Dazar’alor.

Until there’s actual lore showing or at least telling this, it’s just speculation.

6 Likes

This is just … obsessive.

For the record there is nothing wrong with Void Elves being an elite group of specialized individuals. It’s a unique aspect to the race.

The problem is people trying to pretend that you need Large Populations to be and an Allied Race and that they are a compromise for High Elves in any way.

16 Likes

Anyway, regulars in our thread know my fearful speculation on what Blizzard may actually have planned for the void/high elf future. But I elaborated it more and I’m certain a lot of people haven’t seen it yet.

Beware: this is pure speculation. And this is not a suggestion for Blizzard, this is just me trying to predict their plans based on what we have so far. If any of the premises is false, then it won’t come to pass.

Wild speculation (Click to enlarge)

I started with the following premises:

• The lack of void elf development is intentional
  • The little we have of void elf lore right now hints at a story direction
  • Void elves were introduced for a purpose in BfA’s story
  • Void elves were made out of blood elves for a reason
  • Blizzard don’t talk about high elves not because they don’t have plans, but because they won’t spoil the story

Ok, then I elaborated each premise with a possible outcome:

• Void elves lack development because Blizzard does not want us to get too attached to Umbric and his group.
  • Alliance seeing Umbric being all polite and helpful while knowing next to nothing about void elves, while the Horde only sees void elves going crazy about feeding souls to the void or summoning void creatures is intentional: they are hiding their true nature to the Alliance.
  • Since the void elves’ purpose has not been disclosed so far, they must be important in the ending of BfA.
  • Void elves were made out of blood elves because there would be no reason for general high elf population to be converted willingly. However, the current void elf origin does not make them a true race.
  • Blizzard had plans for high elves from the start, and that means becoming void elves unwillingly.

Put all together, and I ended up with this theory:

• Last patch will involve high elves and void elves working together. Probably a Quel’thalas battle or something, that will make most high elves be rallied to fight.
  • Umbric is a traitor, as are most of the void elves. “The boy king serves at the master’s table” because the Alliance has been an unwitting paw of the void. The ren’dorei will do a Wrathgate-like event of treason, and spring a trap to high elves.
  • Alliance heroes stops the transformation of the high elves, but it’s too late, they are all transformed. We deal with Umbric somehow (either questline or raid boss), but now the high elves are almost entirely turned into void elves. This second generation of void elves now have numbers to be considered race, and is comprised mostly of elves that never wanted to deal with the void, adding a tragic element to their story. Void elf culture must now cope with that betrayal and the Alliance being wary of them.

My fears can be placated enough if that comes with more “high elf-like” customization representing this “second generation”, and, more importantly, if the story is well-handled and done with the proper care for the fans and respect to the character’s involved.

6 Likes

I do have a problem with it because you can make the elite squad just an aspect of a broader themed race. They could have made void elves some kind of warily accepted elite force in a playable high elf race, for instance.

5 Likes

High Elves are already on the Alliance. So clearly they don’t blur faction diversity.

We also have seen Silver covenant in conflict with the Sunreavers, so whatever faction blur you are talking about already exists.

So they are on the alliance, have played major roles in lore on the Alliance side being on equal ground with Sunreavers, have presence all over on the Alliance side. Major High Elf characters such as Vereesa and Alleria Windrunner, but somehow making them playable “blurs the faction wall”.

16 Likes

I think you meant Sunreavers.

6 Likes

Tomato, Tomato. Oh wait that doesn’t work in text.

6 Likes

Yes thank you.

7 Likes

That gave me a good chuckle. The San’layn are definitely welcome to join the Horde, but I do believe that that the Horde will get a Human Allied Race.

5 Likes

One thing I was realizing as I was strolling through Stormwind (yup, just a BE DH in SW nothing to see people) is that the High Elf Sorcereress’ are lv 110.

Maybe the High Elves on Alliance are SO FREAKIN ELITE because of being veterans in wars for Alliance that they’re not playable yet because our characters just aren’t on that level yet?

:thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::upside_down_face:

And that’s my wild speculation for today!

6 Likes

Didnt i tell you the future of the few alliance high elves still alive is clear

They will sire half elves or become void elves

Its nice that both sides can agree once in awhile at least

No one can become a void elf currently. Its unknown if that will ever transpire. Other than those who are already Velfs.

15 Likes

First off the crack elite squad is the term used to describe the first group of void elves alleria comes across after being exiled from silvermoon and brings them back with her to the alliance

Theyve gone from that into a group large enough to assault the shores of zandalar. In this same assault they are shown to be converting live ravasaurs, not bones of the dead, into void beings as well implying they figured out how to convert living beings into void beings…

1 Like

No, they did not. The ritual most likely kills them (The dinos) as any being exposed to the void is converted (velfs were stopped before that point). Secondly its directly stated they cannot make more They just can’t. It was a miraculous chain of events that led to the Velfs and no one knows yet how it happened. Even Locuswalker has no idea that it would happen and has no idea how it happened. Also Umbric breaks the ritual in that world quest because if it went on for any longer he states it would go out of control and run rampant.

Being exposed to the void and being able to use a fraction of its power is a far cry from having the influence that void lords or old gods have over living beings.

12 Likes

They call them undead.

You collect parts to make them.

You really need to read the lore before trying to make an argument based on it.

The reason they are doing it is because Zandalari are afraid of undead.

13 Likes

There is one quest where Gonk states that the Velfs are converting his offspring. However its implied they’re killed in this process as they’re then considered “aberrations”.

6 Likes

Tbf, to gonk they are abberrations. To the void elves… they are a weapon

1 Like