Hide red error text - you can't ping this target etc?

Hide red error text - you can’t ping this target etc??? I hid all the other red text like out of range etc, but after the ping implementation, the ping errors won’t hide.

Try a full UI reset

2 Likes

No, a full ui reset is not needed. Lol. What made you think that?

Leatrix and other addons can hide “out of range”, “spell not ready yet” etc, but I can’t find anything to hide the ping errors.

And that can be cused by a corrupted UI that was corrupted by a outadate addon.

1 Like

No, its not. The red text is default, its included regardless if you reset ui or not.

For some reason its categorized differently than other red error text.

Then tell the creator of the Leatrix addon your wishes. Posting here does no good. There are no developers here, nor are the Blizzard employees liaison to them. This was a developmental decision and, as such, only the devs could do anything about it, or the Leatrix people might need to update their addon for the major patch tomorrow.

2 Likes

There should be an addon to hide the text tho, no?

Well blizzard doesnt make addons they allow them but dont make them.

2 Likes

Is it appearing in a fixed location on your screen or does it appear at the location you try to ping?

1 Like

As far as I can see after a quick look, it seems the ping messages are called using their own internal function
C_PingSecure.DisplayError(GetPingResultString(pingResult))

This could mean there isn’t/hasn’t been figured out a best way to override any calls. But it’s early and it was only a very quick look…

Or maybe there is an addon specifically for this system on Curse/WoWI.

2 Likes

Damn it, thank you.