Hidden Nerf to Taurens in The Burning Crusade [PvP/Arena]

explain it to me like im a golden retriever

Bark bark woof.

(Translation:)

if you’re on the other side of a doorway (but wall in inbetween you and target ) but in range/facing them/targeting them, you will not swing your weapon through the wall. so i assumed if that was the case the same mechanic applied to pillars, as in if the “wall” ran through your hit box between you and the target it just wouldnt work.

regardless, like i said it isn’t even a huge deal, it just wasn’t some game breaking thing that really needed to be addressed early (at least earlier than originally) it was just a quirky thing that taurens had that gave a slight advantage and sometimes even a disadvantage.

ppl swearing it was the most broken thing ever probably don’t que much arena tbh

Hey Sony. You might not remember me but I played a tauren warrior in actual TBC on Detheroc with you named Saegus.

When I was able to hop on the stress tests (didnt get beta) I tested out the tauren hitboxes and the leeway to see if they still had that little 2yrd(?) extra range as opposed to other races that I rememberd from Vanilla/TBC. When I found that it was still the case I immediately made up my mind to pick tauren once again.

It is a legit reason to pick the race in older versions of the game, and while we may be a small niche and are probably being a bit spoiled, for lack of a better word, it does cause a very harsh reaction to learn through no patch notes, but only word of mouth and beta testing myself that one of the primary reasons to pick tauren was removed without discussion in a game where it was known to be a thing and heavily influenced some players decision when we started.

I dont know if the developers are having trouble recreating some interactions, or if the recreation of leeway with old code has caused such an issue they decided to do this, but it needs to be reverted.

100% back this post cow to cow. Thanks for bringing it up. No one outside of PvP warriors are talking about it.

Why roll a tauren just for los abuse, isn’t stamina and an aoe stun enough for you?

• Large and small character models have slight differences in their combat reach, accurate to the original experience and distances.
    • Developers’ notes: It has been widely reported during the Burning Crusade Classic beta that Tauren have lost their “combat reach” in Arena specifically. This is not the case. While moving, Tauren may hit other Tauren through the widest point in the pillar in the Ring of Trials arena in Nagrand. This behavior is identical to the original functionality in The Burning Crusade.

Nevermind. Seems the rumors were untrue. Consider it redacted Sony lol.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the commentary and replies about this. I wanted to take a quick second to point you all to the Not A Bug list and a comment I posted there on this issue:

• Large and small character models have slight differences in their combat reach, accurate to the original experience and distances.
    • Developers’ notes: It has been widely reported during the Burning Crusade Classic beta that Tauren have lost their “combat reach” in Arena specifically. This is not the case. While moving, Tauren may hit other Tauren through the widest point in the pillar in the Ring of Trials arena in Nagrand. This behavior is identical to the original functionality in The Burning Crusade.

While this is accurate, there is currently an issue that we are aware of that causes hitboxes, particularly Tauren hitboxes, to change size after being affected by polymorph effects until the affected character logs out of the game. We are going to work on a fix for this ahead of the launch of Burning Crusade Classic and the start of the first Arena season, but that would definitely explain some of what has been noted here.

Thanks for the commentary here and everyone’s reports so far in the Burning Crusade Classic beta!

24 Likes

Thanks for the update Aggrend :^)

So you’re going allow people to abuse an awful game flaw?

Nobody should ever be attacking through any sort of wall or pillar.

cry harder

2 Likes

And pillar humping hunters everywhere now cry salted tears of dismay.

Grats to all Taruen melee though. At least blizzard is listening.

3 Likes

Imagine being so washed up your toxicity got owned in one day.

4 Likes

Yikes, take that cringe with you.

Someone high up at Blizzard plays a Tauren warrior.

1 Like

You spent 2 years as an orc with overpowered racials in vanilla, but now is the time of the Tauren.

1 Like

justice for the cows

Why would you enjoy beating someone you have a clear advantage over? I have watched you play you are a good warrior you are holding yourself back if you depend on that.

Beating people who outgear you is literally the best dopamine this game offers.

yeah, thats what the man said. its their game, they decide if someone should be attacking through any sort of wall or pillar, not us.

What i like about it is that it is only a Tauren vs Tauren problem. 2 bonuses there for me. I hate horde and I think cows are more ridiculous than pandas as a toon. win/win.

I spose I can stop leveling this guy now :frowning:

nvm just saw that blue post lol, back to grinding I guess lol

Read the blue post.