Hidden Eclipse - Home Is Never Far When Here

Hello,

I’m the GM of Hidden Eclipse, a guild centered around having fun and being super casual. Below will be a short FAQ and general topics that I’ll do my best to give you a great overview of the guild in one post. If you’re interested in participating in our Hybrid Guild / Community Raid Team, please see the very bottom of this post.

How would you describe Hidden Eclipse?
Hidden Eclipse is a small guild with an emphasis on chill environments, community raids of new to veteran raiders, Mythic+, and… all PvE really! if you like that, you might like us. Here’s a link to our Discord: https://discord.gg/ZNPcpy8

What’s unique about Hidden Eclipse from other guilds?
I’m not sure to be quite honest. The guild is like an extended family to me. I believe no one is as laid back, down tempo, and casual like us. This is more so my opinion though.

Do y’all do anything fun?
Fun is subjective to each person. I find our movie nights, raid nights, and just chilling out to be fun. The guild is great to me but it’s only as fun and awesome as you find fun, join in for, or start something around.

Are y’all RP focused?
RP isn’t something I’m focused on as a guild. Though there are some who do some type of RP to an extent, you won’t find that the guild is built around or for it. More than welcome to create your own RP events and do it on your own time though.

Are y’all welcome to alts?
I’ll say this, two of our members have 5+ alts in the guild. I believe that’ll answer that for you.

How’s your raid progression?
We do not do Heroic raiding full time but we do clear Normal difficulty every raid tier.

Our weekly Saturday evening raid is more so a time we get together and punch faces. It’s nothing serious, we don’t have a serious team, and I have no plans on doing Heroic or mythic raiding full time or such along that manner. I like our casual laid back atmosphere and I believe that defines us as who we are. A unique set of folks who are friendly, helpful, and casual.

Raid time is 7:15 PM RT - 11:00 PM RT.

How did you come up with the guild name?
I spent about 60 hours or so thinking of a name. Black Singularity was going to be the choice till 1. Can’t use Black in names and 2. I couldn’t think of something that goes with Singularity. So, went back to thinking and I like the moon and an Eclipse can hide or magnify the moon… Thus came Hidden Eclipse!

When was the guild founded and why did you start the guild?
The guild was created in Novermber of 2017. I started this guild for multiple reasons but I’ll list a few here. I started playing WoW during Pre-Legion and since then, I mostly ran guildless. I couldn’t find that one guild that felt like home. Each guild I was in, no one would group up every now and then ourtside of their circles, were too seriously, or it didn’t feel like home to me.

So, i moved to Moon Guard after running into a Moon Guardian in LFR. Since then, I kept thinking to myself that I could create a great home for folks. After a month or so being on Moon Guard, I decided to create this guild. Since then, we’ve been slowly, an extreme emphasis on SLOWLY, growing and that’s perfect to me! I like the slow recruitment that’s been happening but that’s how and why I started this guild!

What do you mean by Slow Recruitment?
I don’t want to fill the guild with a bunch of random players nor give the impression that we’re a spam invite guild. Often times, I’ll only post the guild ads maybe 1 or 3 times an hour or sometimes a day or weeks without posting the ad. I’d rather us grow slowly with a tight niche group of folks that you can consider your extended family and friends.

Do y’all have a Discord and is it active?
We sure do have a Discord and you’ll find the link below. Active is subjective to each person. The Discord, guild chat, and activity is perfect to me.
https://discord.gg/ZNPcpy8

I like the way your guild sounds but I’d rather hang out and not leave my guild…
That’s fine. About 95% of the activities we do with the guild, are extended to non-guildies. So, you’re more than welcome to hang out with us if you want to. I want you to find the perfect home for yourself and friends. If we’re not it, you’re not hurting my feelings by leaving or just hanging out. I’d rather you be at your forever home that makes you happy. Just don’t lie to me is all I ask. =-^-^-=

Whew… That was a lot to format and type… Well, if you like the way we sound, reach out to us! If you don’t want to join the guild but just hang out, you’re more than welcome to join our Discord.

Hidden Eclipse Hybrid Community Raid Team
Every Saturday, I post our raid in the LFG to not only fill roles but to bring in new people to raiding and more. If you’re interested in trying out raiding, come give our raid a shot. There are minimum requirements that are to be met but that changes based on the raid tier and how far into the tier we are.

UPDATED RAID INFORMATION
With the change to loot ilvl drops for raiding difficulties, we now no longer cap at Normal Difficulty. We will now bounce back and forth between Normal and Herioic depending on the raid ilvl and readiness for Heroic.

With that in mind, the raiding style and enviornment is going to change slightly back to before I started this guild and benched people for not meeting minimums. Do not worry, this is not the standard that I uphold public players too. Guildies and Guild Friends still have a massive amount of leniency but do not be shocked on the third week of x boss we’re stuck on, I ask folks to sit.

I’m not asking for you to play everyday; however, running 1 or 3 Mythic+ dungeons a week to boost your ilvl some, goes a long way. So long as we’re not getting stuck on the same boss on the same % of the fight, no guildies should be afraid of being benched.

If you’d like to discuss this more over voice chat to get a better feel for what I mean, please do not be afraid to reach out to me! :slight_smile:

GM Contact info:
Discord: Yamr3#0558
BNet: Friends list is maxed out. I can’t add anyone.
GM: RaiColette (or any character that starts out with Rai followed by a name)
Officer: Yanmei

I look forward to meeting some more wonderful people. Have a blessed night and a wonderful ShadowLands launch!

Note: Forums guidelines states not to necro threads. So, I have created a new thread since the old thread is 4 months old. Also, to update it with more information.

1 Like

don’t think I can tank mythic from another realm but need a heroic tank in SL?

Good evening,

I’ve updated the raid team section to give a better idea of the raid.

:crossed_swords:
:shield:

/CASTS IGNORE PAIN,
/HEROIC LEAP
/TAUNT

“KEEP UP HEALER.”

1 Like

Bump! ^-^­

Bump! :heart: :slight_smile:

Bump!­­­­­

Bump!­­­­­

Bump!­­­­­

Bump! :dancer:

Bump! :man_dancing:

Bump!­­­­­

Bump!­­­­­

Bump!­­­­­ Also, I’ve updated the Raid Information; because Blizzard has changed the game for how loot drops works, the raiding environment / style is going to shift to accommodate that change. Please read it if that’s something you’re interested in learning more about or PM / add me for questions!

Bump!­­­­­

Bump!­­­­­

We are a casual guild but we still like to get some stuff done. There are genuinely nice folk here from all sorts of backgrounds (both ingame & IRL) who are quite friendly. We are low key, drama free & like to have fun.

I am looking for a raiding a guild that is casual ,that does normal and heroic, what classes would you be looking for , I am interested in anything but tanking. Looking forward to hear back from you.