Hi guys <3

How are you all?

9 Likes

Welcome back, Shay, its been far too long. Good to have you around again.

1 Like

They have taken the bridge and the Second Hall. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakesā€¦drums, drums in the deep. We cannot get out. The shadow moves in the dark. We cannot get out. They are coming.

10 Likes

(Vanndrel, how are we supposed to follow that post! That was an awesome post)

Hey Shay. Good to see you back!

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/xZzEzDkeHzI?si=kwspx4gBfjwqYBEz

2 Likes

nice haircut!

1 Like

Just had the migraine from hell but otherwise pretty okay.

2 Likes

Doing pretty well ā€“ hope you are, too!

Excited about the Dark Ranger hero talent stuff?

2 Likes

So, I have no idea whats been happening in WoW the last few years and at the moment have no plans of coming back because Iā€™m hardcore addicted to Palia. :joy:

I just missed you all and wanted to stop by to say hello and hope everyone is doing well!

3 Likes

Hello, Shay! You just happened to cross my mind last week and I wondered how you were doing! Itā€™s good to see you.

1 Like

Turns out WarCraft is a very intricate fan fiction of Transformers.

I wish I was kidding.

2 Likes

Oh - Palia looks cute. I havenā€™t tried that one yet. Besides bopping around on WoW, Iā€™m playing about 4 other games depending on the day. And way too much work. Iā€™ll have to look at Palia, though.

1 Like

Spending a lot of time being a FOORISH SAMOORAI WARRIOR in Ghost of Tsushima lately. So, overall pretty good.

Also the remix update to thread gains may or may not have made my Remix evoker ultra-broken. Itā€™s neat.

1 Like

Its free-to-play, highly recommend!

Eledris!!! Hope youā€™re doing well friend.

Looks at post, 12 days laterā€¦oh

So uh. I stream now! Mostly farm-sims and other chill games. Currently obsessed with Sunnyside.

If any of yaā€™ll want to come say hi, my twitch is ShayOfAvonlea

<3

1 Like

So PALIA! I hope you donā€™t mind if I pick your brain a sec.

I was really looking forward to it being released, but Iā€™m stupidly picky when it comes to character creation / selection and it seemed to be really limited last I checked, so I still havenā€™t purchased.

Any improvements? How do you feel about the character customization overall?

Whatā€™s your favorite aspect of the game? Least favorite?

ETA: wait, when did it become free? I just looked on Steam. Itā€™s free, so Iā€™m dlā€™ing.

Downloaded. Pretty enjoyable so far. Iā€™ll probably be in the game for awhile today. Friendly UI. Super excited that I finally got my ā€˜froā€™ in a game. (Norman has his fro!) Iā€™m not sure I get the clothing limitations though. Why on earth would they pair the pants / bottom half with your shoes? Seems weird in 2024 to not be able to have separate slots for everything? Are they working on this?

I would spend RL money to buy some of the clothing bundles, but not with these restrictions.

1 Like

NGL, Palia is legit.

Runs smooth. Looks great. Very user friendly. Easy to take your time and just enjoy the scenery and different things to do.

Hope for more character customization. Surprised at some of the things that are missing, that I would have thought would be standard.

No matter, this will probably go into frequent play.

Completely free and enjoyable at that.

ETA:

THAT saidā€¦

IF you wanted to purchase ā€œPalia Coinsā€ to purchase cosmetics, etc I would say that they do not value the dollar or your time at all and this game is pricey, in comparison to other games who allow you to buy game currency, used to purchase cosmetics.

As someone who has no problem spending RL dolla bills on virtual items, Iā€™m at a loss as to how they valued Palia in-game currency VS RL currency.

$99.00 will get you 11,050 ā€œPalia Coinsā€. (This is the bundle I was going to purchase) These are used to purchase only cosmetics, not required for gameplay but you know, I want some hats and whatnot, so even on day 3, Iā€™m already itching to purchase something.

However, at those prices the exchange rate amounts to $00.00895 per $1 USD. Thatā€™s ridiculous.

Many of the oufits / bundles are going for 1700 - 3500 coins. At that, you would quickly burn through your $100 purchase of coins.

I think they need to reevaluate the exchange rate, jmo.

1 Like

I am surprised Palia is still running. I was in their disc through most of the Beta. It wasā€¦ pretty much what I thought it would be. Not to say I didnā€™t enjoy some of it. I was pretty good at hunting and bug catching. But the Devs just seemed like they wanted to keep nickle and dime everything through the cash shop and then they nerfed the cake parties and that was about the time my wife and I bounced.

1 Like

I would agree 100% with this and I edited my post above.

Their game currency vs rl currency exchange rate is way over valued and I am not spending a dime as long as this is the currency rate.

If they got real, I might.

Yup, this exactly. If I feel the game is fun and the enjoyment I get from a mount/costume/furniture (looking at you Wildstar) is worth the cash I will drop some real money with a smile. But I gotta feel like I am getting value for my money.

drunk and belligerent

1 Like