Hi everyone!

Hey guys, so I’ll try to not ramble too much. Basically I have been playing WOW since vanilla Beta, I played exclusively from vanilla to burning crusade with very little breaks, took a few months off, then played aggressively in wotlk. After that it’s been on and off with massive breaks and haven’t even played shadowlands yet (about to) even BFA I played maybe a month. I’d like to know a few basic things , and yes I do many google searches lol.

1: allied races are a big deal to me , the little time I played bfa I was focused on unlocking them, but it was so tedious, I heard now you don’t need reputation grinds anymore, so how hard is it to unlock the 4 allied races? How long?

2: world pvp, I used to live and breathe it, stranglethorn vale and hillsbrad foothills, not to mention alliance attacking crossroads. How is world pvp now in the leveling aspect? Any open world skirmishes?

3: pvp, I don’t like raiding my game time was always spent pvping, mainly battlegrounds. Can you still gear up via battlegrounds? I kinda used to suck in arena and was laughed at lol, I need to get better.

4: horde for life, I was so hardcore into this game at one point about 10 years ago I got a huge horde symbol tattoo on my leg.

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll let others handle the PvP questions.

As for the allied races, there’s still a fair amount of questing for them, but no more rep grinding. (Oh, and there are 6 now to unlock in BfA.) Kul Tiran and Zanalari are going to be the longest. Horde side, you’ll actually get the questing pre-reqs for Mag’har and Vulpera done while doing Zandalari. (The Dark Iron gets done while doing the Kul Tiran questing.) It will probably be a lot faster to do the questing on a level 60 so stuff dies faster.

There is still plenty of world pvp in end game zones, but not a whole lot while leveling. With war mode turned on you will find plenty of people to fight.

Yes, you can get gear from battlegrounds. There are honor and conquest vendors in Oribos. Once you buy the gear, it can be upgraded using more honor as well. Battleground (honor) gear is designed to be your starting point so that you aren’t completely naked once you get into arenas and Rated Battlegrounds. It is far from the best gear, but it’s a start. Make sure to pick up the quests from your covenant in order to be able to upgrade your honor gear.

Conquest gear (conquest coming mainly from arena and Rated bg’s) is higher item level, and can also be upgraded using more honor, but you must reach certain ratings in order to actually unlock those upgrade levels. The rating requirement for upgrade can be done in any bracket (2v2, 3v3, or RBG).

Once you reach a certain rating, you have to keep playing at or above that rating in order to keep the upgrade unlocked as well. So if you reached 1800 in 2’s, you would have to win at least one game per week at or above 1800 in 2’s in order to maintain the unlock. If you miss a week though, it’s not lost. It will just unlock again the next time you win a game at that level.

2 Likes