Hey there! sorry for a repetitive question about Horde side RP

I had tried to roleplay on Horde side before (about a year or two ago), however it was really dead unless you were on at certain times (at least when i was there) and a lot of the guilds/rp in general seemed really uh… i guess, “elitist” I guess would be the term?
So, I was wondering if it’s still this way and where I should even go to start? I remember a lot of people said Orgrimmar or Silvermoon however, like i mentioned before, they were both just really dead even when scanned with TRP’s scanner.

I mostly like staying Alliance (atm) for the fact that there’s a lot of stuff happening whether it be ooc or ic in stormwind (and obviously goldshire) and that a lot of people are open to just talking or chatting ooc, can I find this on Horde side?

Check this out for sure.

1 Like

Hey Kaylinth!

I’ve found most RP through Wyvern’s Tail in Orgrimmar & some server events like the tavern night in Silvermoon on Thursdays. Usually the server is active during peak hours 7pm ST - 11pm ST is when I’ve noticed it to be the most populated in Org.

In my experience with H-side MG, finding individuals to RP is usually easiest when utilizing the discords and popping into those server events to make friends (which they’re advertised in discords usually). Otherwise, it seems like a lot of the RP is more guild-centric.

If you do decide to roll a character on Horde and want someone to RP with then feel free to reach out to me in game!

1 Like

Here’s the thing. We have a massive faction imbalance problem on our server, and it’s in everybody’s best interests to get it fixed, for the reasons that I stated in the thread quoted above. If you pretend it doesn’t exist, or do something like laugh and say “hah, Alliance is better anyway”, then you are only perpetuating the situation, or possibly even making it worse.

So we are sitting at around 70% Alliance, 30% Horde. Apparently it’s even worse at level 120, when it’s more like 75% Alliance and 25% Horde. People have Horde alts, but not many people have Horde mains.

If you can do maths, that’s basically 3 Alliance characters to every 1 Horde character. Now multiply that by several hundred thousand. That’s the difference between Orgrimmar ad Stormwind. Also keep in mind that around 40% of Horde are Blood Elves, many of whom do not like to RP in Orgrimmar. So that makes the prospects of finding walk-up RP in Orgrimmar even slimmer.

The walk-up RP is there, you just have to work a little bit for it. You have to stop being so picky about who you interact with. Stop rejecting people just because you don’t like their race, class, transmog, or the way they have or haven’t filled out the TRP profile. Don’t play as an a-hat who skulks in the corner and expects people to come up and interact with you.

Don’t expect to go from Alliance to Horde and find more of the same. It’s a completely different world. Better in some ways, worse in others. It’s a different way of playing the game; basically a bustling city compared to a rural town. On Horde, your relationships are different. You bump into people you know all the time. People look out for you, and they also know about you. So you’re less likely to be Miss Anonymous.

If you want to get to know the people in your rural town, you’re not going to get anywhere sitting out in the farm all day, breathing the fresh air. You need to go to community events. In RP land, these are called public events, guilds, and discords. And if you attend and join one of these groups, guess what?

You meet a lot more people! Those people watch your back and care about you.

Horde is not the same as Alliance. But it’s not bad either, if you can adjust to a different lifestyle. Just don’t expect us to be hanging out on every street corner, idling. We have work to do!

3 Likes