Hey is Survival Hunter Spec Good?

Hello folks. I know that Marksmanship and Beast Master is the most best specs but what about Survival with hand to hand combat than bow and gun? Like how do I stay as Survival Hunter in terms of Dps without getting called out because of my pet not taunting the mob but continues to get called out because of set pet of others within the dungeon party thinking that my pet taunted the mob but didn’t but still getting kicked out for random reasons.

Is it fun or the best dps spec right now for Hunters?

I can barely understand what you’re saying. Are you sure your pet isn’t using Growl? It’s unusual for a pet to pull threat; especially if you aren’t Beast Mastery.

As for Survival: whether it’s fun or not is up to you. It struggles to get into groups because it’s usually worse than MM even without considering the major drawback of being melee, but it can be fine if you can get a guild or group of friends who don’t mind.

2 Likes

I fixed most of it.

I’m still in the middle for Survival. I’ll have to see how it goes for experience.

MM>>>>>>>>BM>SV. Range is to strong. Burst range is even stronger. Unless you pvp and even then. Sv sadly isn’t going get you invite to pugs.
However play it if you want, Unless you want be elitist.

Test test quote

(Please ignore)

Uh… did you just imply that not playing survival makes a person elitist?

He implied that blindly following meta is.

1 Like

Yeah this. Many people wont invite you unless you a MM (as a hunter). May get lucky as a BM. To Rpvp or M+.

op if you still reading this. Sv is fun. I played it for most of BfA and a bit in SL. It’s a spec many enjoy. If you like it, play it. If you have a guild who doesn’t care what you play then that a plus. Puging is poo.

Following a meta isn’t necessarily elitist. It can be and often is, but a lot of people just want to perform well and feel as though they contributed as much as they could to their team. Playing BM in raiding right now feels as though I’m forcing my team to make up the lost potential, and I’d imagine people who actually play SV often feel the same way. Sometimes it’s not that bad: I played Survival for much of WotLK, Cata, MoP, and WoD even when it wasn’t necessarily the best option. But sometimes the difference is too big to ignore.

4 Likes

This whole “survival is the worst dps hunter spec” thing is puzzling to me. Im still just a few weeks into my survival hunter, but in mid-keys (7-10), at 203 ilvl, I’m easily keeping up with people at 210 ilvl. Im holding pretty steady at 4k end run dps.
Marksman is so unbelievably boring to play.
The only knock against SV i get is melee vs range. This makes it less desirable in many Mplus grps (its also what makes it fun though). But the damage survival brings is solid and competitive with any other class, at least up to 10 keys.
lust, tranq shot, ice trap, tar trap are great utility.