Hey Everyone, Let's Talk Flying Ground Mounts!

Hey folks!

Ever found yourself wishing your Swift Zulian Tiger or Mekgineer’s Chopper could take off and fly through the skies of Azeroth? Or how about taking your Vicious War Raptor or Ironbound Wraithcharger for a spin above the clouds?

I’ve been thinking—why limit our adventures to the ground? Inspired by FF14, where mounts can effortlessly transition between ground and air, I’m here to pitch a wild idea: Let’s give our ground mounts wings! (Not literally, but you know what I mean.) I’m not asking for dynamic flight for them, just standard static flight

Here’s the Pitch:

Introducing the “Sky’s the Limit Harness,” a hypothetical piece of mount equipment that unlocks the skies for every single ground mount you’ve got stashed away. Whether it’s for your Kor’kron War Wolf or your trusty Brewfest Ram, this gear makes the sky no longer the limit.

Why This Could Be A Total Game-Changer:

• All the Love for Ground Mounts: That Sunhide Gronnling collecting dust? It’s time for it to see the world from up high!
  • Rediscover Azeroth: Explore your favorite zones again, but this time from a breathtaking new perspective.
  • Why Should FF14 Have All the Fun? They’ve got flying ground mounts. It’s high time we do too, and maybe even better.
  • Stories, Screenshots, and Hype: Picture the forums and social media buzzing with players sharing their aerial adventures on their Mighty Caravan Brutosaur or even a Goblin Trike.

So, What Do You Think?

I’m super curious to hear which mounts you’d love to see taking off. Let’s get the conversation going and maybe, just maybe, we can get this idea off the ground—literally.

Catch you in the skies (hopefully on a Highland Mustang)!

6 Likes

No, because I don’t have either of them.

I’m not against flying ground mounts, but all the mounts I like can already fly, so this doesn’t change a lot for me

2 Likes

This would be so amazing! There are so many incredible ground-only mounts in the game and they just keep adding more. It would be awesome to be able to use them more often.

3 Likes

I understand how you feel, but I am sure there is atleast one ground mount that you worked your butt off to get and has a special place in your heart. Wouldn’t you like to be able to use it more often?

or like in gw2 some mounts can fly sure but others can clime or glide or dash or leep

As long as it’s equipment that gives the option, I’m all for it. Sometimes, I like staying grounded. :alien:

5 Likes

No, absolutely never. I’m still disappointed Invincible flies.

2 Likes

This :point_up:.

Since WoW took dynamic flying from GW2, they could also take dynamic ground riding, which is about what is listed above.

The video is separated in segments so you can jump directly to whatever mount you which to look at :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t see why they can’t fly. Would be a good quality of life issue for some people
I honestly don’t carry either way because basically I just. Like two mounts. The headless horseman and the shadowlands aotc mount.

And I’ll be honest with you 99. 9 percent of the mounts I have I have no clue how I got. Or remember it doesn’t help that I suffer from CRS either.

1 Like

There are already some mounts that don’t really have any actual flying animation and just walk on the sky like Ash’Adar does.

In FF14 I have this tiny crab smaller than my lalafell that I use to take me everywhere. It is very cute.

I don’t object to just flying on anything. At the same time there aren’t too many land types that I really find appealing to want to fly on.

1 Like

Or they make every mount flying mount + you save equipment slot.

I 100% support this! There are so many ground mounts that I enjoy using but they can’t fly, so I once I hit 30, I can’t use them anymore. Well, I CAN, but it’s quite inconvenient.

I always use my favorite ground mounts on low alts because I know I won’t be using them once they unlock flying :frowning:

1 Like

no - there are so many mounts already that fly - we don’t need to have them all fly. I often use ground only mounts when running around in the cities.

3 Likes

I’m still sad that the Fallen Charger and his siblings can’t fly.

I think there should be different mount types that do different things. Instead of trying to homogenize all mounts so they all do the exact same thing, take ground mounts and give them dynamic mechanics for ground travel. Speed boost, drifting, double jump, momentum mechanics like speeding up when going downhill and slower uphill.

Maybe some can climb a wall if it makes sense? Say, for spider mounts as an example.

I don’t think it makes sense, not do I think it’s cool, to have “horses” fly. Maybe specific horse mounts have wings, because it’s what makes that mount unique, but having all ground mounts fly ‘just because’ isn’t the way to go.

2 Likes

Some people use ground mounts even at max level, what if they don’t want their ground mounts to fly? Could make it a toggle like they will with static and dynamic flight. No forced flying mounts and equipment slot still available.

1 Like

This would be a great item for engineers to be making. Even on a per character basis this would sell well. I would love to get my spiders up in the air!! :speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

I’ve been wanting mount equipment for this for a long time.

We already have a flying ox, so claiming larger mounts shouldn’t fly doesn’t work.

Nothing would change for you. Don’t use the mount equipment.

Not gonna lie… this would scare the crap out of me. LOL

2 Likes

Please never make me see a wolf/ram/raptor/kodo using dragon flight.

I have one word to describe this: goofy.

If I used two it would be: unnecessarily goofy.

1 Like

That’s even better yeah.

1 Like