Hey Blizzard, PvP is completely dead

We’re now in the 3rd season of BfA and PvP is completely dead. We have about 25% of the players left from BfA S1 and it’s getting worse every day. 3v3 is completely dead on higher ratings and you can only que 2v2 at certain times of the day. RBGs? Completely died out.
Random BGs, what’s the point? There are no rewards.

This is caused by multiple factors, I will briefly list some here:

• Boring and straight forward class design
  • Lack of pvp rewards, no cool cosmetics like in other expansions
  • Lack of pvp vendors and pvp gear, causing gear > skill and making it almost impossible to play alts
  • The best gear for pvp now coming from pve
    and endless neck/essences grind

So, what are you guys going to do? Are you going to give us back the things we’ve been asking for for 4 years or instead just let it die out completely?

Also, Classic doesn’t really have to do anything with it since it was already dead before classic launched, so don’t blame it on that.

102 Likes

Well the hardcore pvp community is generally very toxic. I remember a few people were absolutely afraid I was going to kick them from the group after a Yolo loss last season. This behavior was a huge red flag for me, and told me people in rated are generally intolerant of losing, and the intolerance has led to a decline of average players wanting to step into rated content that’s not part of a guild group.

Personally I’ve enjoyed regular battlegrounds as it adds more leeway for losses without the pressure of the rating system. And now hardcore pvpers pretty much are playing against each other so there’s no more “crappy players” left to play with. Just my 2 cents.

29 Likes

Well actually I’ve noticed that this toxicity is directly related to the state of the game. Pvp players are just tired of getting the same sh*t over and over again and blizz never learning.

It was the same in some other games I’ve played were the development was slacking - the community became toxic.

25 Likes

Ah yeah, the unkillable healers and cheap class tricks really make things not fun as well, hehe.

7 Likes

Well… pvp had the toxicity of ‘raider io’ before the latter even existed.

“Link 2400 for inv”
“Link 2k for inv”
“HotA group”

And pugging to those ratings is pretty tedious. Pushing 3s mostly requires you to have your friends to push together to that rating too (and with many exp’ed people playing alts in 3s, pushing these other people down, or the meta comps everywhere)

2s, yeah you can push that fairly easily, IF you’re playing a meta comp, as usual. Rdruid / Hpal + X usually fixes that very easily to 2k, resulting in so many unskilled 2s players, and the 3s / RBG people just ignore all 2s achievements as a result.

As someone who pugged all the way to 2.3k RBGs but couldn’t push the final 2.4k / HotA, yeah it really sucks, because people still demand the 2.4k / HotA, despite the fact that i’ve played 2.7k - 3k mmr games already, but no way to show those.

Alliance RBGs are mostly dead, i’m not sure about horde side, but i’m pretty sure it’s not great. Oceanic PvP on the other hand, has been dying and completely gone by now. Had a 2.5 hour queue in RBG but couldn’t find an opponent in OCE times.

7 Likes

Ive been pure pvp since i picked up this game back in wotlk and i can say the pvp community has always had the temperament of a pregnant boar when it comes to rating and pushing. Majority of pugs always get a person that immediately leaves or kicks when they lose a match . Even with they are on streaks at times. No matter what state the game has been in. This has always been a constant

4 Likes

You can still get marks of honor from random BGs, right? Those are good for old PvP set transmogs.

Uh I guess you can do that, yea. But I haven’t really touched random bgs after they removed honor gear.

3 Likes

What’s funny is that some of the best PvE essences (Conflict & Strife for many, Blood of the Enemy for several) come from PvP.

So I’ve been grinding out Conquest and Arena just so I can tank better in raids. Plenty of people in my guild are also doing so.

6 Likes

You can PvE effectively without PvP. You cannot PvP effectively without PvE.

30 Likes

In Mythic raids? Mmmm… not sure about that, for some specs.

1 Like

So if <1% of PvEers need to run some PvP, it’s mandatory to run PvP to PvE?

6 Likes

The only person in the thread who has used the word ‘mandatory’ is you. What I said was:

What’s funny is that some of the best PvE essences (Conflict & Strife for many, Blood of the Enemy for several) come from PvP.

3 Likes

I wasn’t arguing your point, just saying the situation is not analogous and you got butt hurt.

6 Likes

To his defense you did try analogous

4 Likes

I never said they were analogous. What I said was:

4 Likes

You forgot this one:

• Lack of players.

I’m all seriousness the game is dying, Classic sucked the remaining blood, M+ Season 3 is also having less participation than Season 2 (that also had less participation than Season 1), and fewer guilds are doing Mythic each tier since Uldir.

PVE is in a better state than PVP for sure. But is also going downhill quite fast.

12 Likes

I won’t queue anymore, I’ve had more fun getting 1 talent point in classic than fighting rmx every game. Pve gear run rampant, no class tuning, no vendors, no rewards, no thanks.

30 Likes

The entire internet, and WoWs community in its entirety is toxic lol.

5 Likes

That’s why the game is dying…cuz of lack of PvP. Before they made all servers PvE servers, out of the top 10 servers in the world, all 10 were PvP out of the top 20 servers in the world 19 of them were PvP

The best server in the world has never been a PvP server

And who are some of the most well known WoW players of all time?

Athene, famous for PvP, NOT PvE
Hotted, famous for PvP, NOT PvE
Reckful. famous for PvP, NOT PvE
Soda, famous for PvP, NOT PvE

I could keep going on and on and on in the list. I named less than 1/5 of them. But all throughout all of WoWs history, the most famous, most well known players have always been the PvPers.

It has always been that way throughout any video and computer game ever.

And yet Blizzard…

Removes 5v5s
Removes Arena Master title
Removes Strand of the Ancients
Removes PvP resilience
Removes PvP stats

Then after they do that, they wonder why less than 10% of the original player base is still here.

People want to PvP. I want to PvP. I cant get that in WoW so I get my PvP in other games. Activision-Blizzard completely destroyed PvP.

They keep removing PvP from the game at every turn. And with going from 15 million subs to less than a million…

Their war against PvP is going to cost them. I can just play my FPS games that allow PvP and encourage it.

Such as on Halo. the vast majority of people who played in the tournament never even touched the campaign. they simply did the Player vs Player.

Any other game too. Such as what are the most famous N64 games? The ones that had Player vs Player such as Super Smash Bro.
Mario kart

Classic was so popular because every single end game quest in the game led players into doing PvP.

So yea Blizzard made it VERY clear that they do not like PvP based on how they have gutted it and… karma got them big time for it.

34 Likes