Hey Blizzard, Classic Dungeons Are Fun

Actually there is, you need to manage position when you have sanguine, manage kill time when you have bursting or bolstering, depending on the combination things can get really difficult, the clock is also another factor to take into account.

As for classic you basically just need to have enough gear.

What’s the really complicated fight there is in classic when we talk about mechanics? Seriously, I’d love for you to prove me wrong.

7 Likes

Wut?

M+ is about smashing everything quickly. You don’t kill order M+. You lump everything up, chain stun it and hope it’s dead before you are.

The reason we see PWAR, RDRU, 2*outlaw and DH at the top is they are the best specs at doing this.

10 Likes

Everything is about smathing everything quickly if you have enough gear.

You’re missing the point.

Back when it actually mattered people had kill orders and CC. The design encouraged this through having tough enemies that had to be controlled. You couldn’t just smash them in a stun. There was no timer either. So strategic approaches were preferable over the smash and grab.

The whole way M+ was designed for BFA was for MDI. This clearly was not the best way to do it and it opened my eyes to how cancerous esports is for WoW.

20 Likes

There were plenty of complicated fights.

4 Likes

Actually I am not, these things still matter for the average Joe running with his friends. Knowing what, how and when to pull depending on the affixes and doing it quickly IS all about strategy, you have to plan it, otherwise you’re gonna fail, it might look like “pull everything and smash it”, but it is not, doing a quick and clean run takes planning, way more planning than “let’s pull one mob at a time so we don’t die, we have as much time as we need”, that’s not strategic thinking, it is all about gear.

3 Likes

Isn’t that what M+ is for? Sort of. The timer kind of screws it up though.

I’ll concede this a little. Though there is quite a bit of avoidable damage too if you know what you are doing.

Pulling a pack of low health, moderate damage mobs isn’t superior to pulling a single, high damage, high health mob. It’s just different.

The Mythic+ experience is very much about “gogogogogogo” where as classic dungeons were more methodical crawls. Pacing matters in this conversation.

6 Likes

Which ones and what’s complicated about it? You don’t really expect me to watch an over two and a half hour video, do you?

Vanilla dungeons and raids were easy when ou are talking about mechanics and skill needed to complete them, the whole difficulty was about logistics, gear and poor class design, ofc I’m not taking into accounts fights that had bugs or were broken.

6 Likes

Good feedback! :smiley:

Do a M+ with subpar gear and that’s what you’re going to get. Yes, pacing matters, creating a strategy to finish it quickly is important. People remember things as being more difficult because they don’t seem to understand how bad regular players really were, things didn’t take time because they were complicated, they took time because people didn’t know what the heck they were doing.

5 Likes

That’s just more stuff for the Tank to deal with while the Healer and DPS don’t really change.

2 Likes

Really you have beta classic access - I would have thought you would be busy playing all that ‘fun’ content if you had.

If you don’t have beta access, you don’t know if they are fun or not because you can’t just watch ‘x’ streamer to determine that yourself.

3 Likes

How does crowd control not change for the DPS? You actually had to kite trap back then. Had to taunt the mobs to you as a hunter. People had to be careful not to break the CC or it would mean a wipe. Healers had to actually use dispel and their own CC and interrupts. All of it wasn’t “if I feel like it.” It was “this needs done or we’re all gonna die.”

10 Likes

You know… I half expected you to not actually care about the feedback! I’m glad to see that you were genuinely curious. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Name a mythic+ mechanic that you don’t think was in Classic.

You only say this probably because you never actually played the original dungeons or raids. You ran them after they where changed, no doubt.

2 Likes

Some of us played back then and remember all of those old mechanics and strategies. We don’t need beta to tell us what we already played and know.

6 Likes

Are you sure you wouldn’t get the same experience right now just by making a group and going into them right when they are available to your lvl rather than queueing for them ?

You can enter dungeons in a premade group prior than they become available to you to queue for.

1 Like

Oh, I posted those questions because I did truly want to see the feedback and breakdown of what people wanted and liked. The OP was a bit vague and I thought it would help bring in more discussion. :smiley:

2 Likes

That doesn’t answer my question.

That doesn’t answer my question either.

Please, tell my one really complicated fight when you’re talking about mechanics and skill needed to complete it, only one, please.

8 Likes