Hey Blizzard, Classic Dungeons Are Fun

ElvUI is already working on their mod for Classic, so yes. /squeals and rubs hands together

1 Like

Just reporting and moving on. Nothing substantive and the bulk of it violates the forum code of conduct. If you want to actually have a discussion I’ll be here.

lol?

I’m not certain what you’re talking about. I haven’t stated anything even remotely close to that. Are you confusing me with someone else? My point is that vanilla boss fights aren’t complicated. In fact the vast majority of them are simpler than the least complex boss fights in Retail. Nothing more or less. You explicitly pointed at Baroness and used an example wherein she has a singular ability and the rest of the bullet points were tactical ways to deal with her singular ability as proof of fight complexity. It’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Oh man, its going to be so cool to see this old game get flattened by modern players. I can’t wait for the world first 60 race. I wonder if the guys behind Azeroth Auto Pilot are updating for Classic.

We plan to clear most of the tiers except maybe Naxx40 in one day.

I’m also not going to be raiding with my retail casual guild. My old CE guild is reforming for Classic and we’re merging with our sister guild that was one of our top server competitors in WoD and Legion. It’s going to get destroyed.

You got proved wrong on multiple points, also you name called first not me. GGnoRE

Check out the wiki over on the Classic forums, while launch will be patch 1.12 just before BC. The raid/endgame dungeons are going to unlock in chunks. Only MC, Onyxia and Maraudon will be available at launch, apparently.

I’m not going to be a world first because I fully intend to be 300 cooking and fishing when I get to the end, with enchanting and tailoring already half finished…because mama needs gold, y’all.

That said, I’ll be 60 within a week of opening. I remember the zone order I used. I’m a much, much better player in 2019 than I was in 2005.

We’re going to conquer old Azeroth and just slaughter that content this go around, and it’s going to be SO FUN.

So I’m using a coordinates addon right now that works in Classic. I’ve got a couple addon developers in my guild and they’re hard at work. One of them told us yesterday that there were 15 (and growing) functional addons for Classic. I was under the impression that the full scope of what addons do isn’t going to be available, but I’m not certain what features are going to be missing (if any).

Not a huge fan of ElvUI but it’s better than the standard UI. I just hope Bartender, which isn’t really a UI replacement more of a action bar replacement, will have a Classic version. Hopefully, MoveAnything will have a Classic version, too.

Pfft, Spartan UI or bust! :yum:

1 Like

Damn, ya’ll actually got me excited, now.

2 Likes

Yeah, LoL. I wasn’t talking about Baroness when I made the statement about 6 abilities.

But since you are fixated on Baroness, here’s her ability list:

• Banshee Curse
  • Banshee Wail
  • Domination
  • Silence

Well we get it for just having an active sub, I’d imagine folks are going to dabble. I plan to tinker in Classic super casually as a ‘catch a breather game’.

1 Like

This thread is insane.

After reading a lot of posts and thinking about it, I’m reminded of an early announcement regarding M+. At one point (to the best of my memory), there were plans to have no time limit and to have M+ be about how far you can get rather than if you can complete it in a timed trial.

Coming after Challenge Modes, I thought that would be an amazing change of pace! Instead, M+ is just a ceilingless Challenge Mode.

That doesn’t make it a bad thing, but I can understand what people are craving here, and I think a M+ version that has no speed components would scratch that itch.

Something that scales eternally but has no time limit. CC has to be done, interrupts have to be crisp, any butt pulls will be the end of your life. But you just get up and try again until you just can’t take it anymore.

It should be a separate thing from M+ as well. I love my speed dungeons, but I think it would be an amazing new mode of playing scaling dungeons!

2 Likes

Oh my only plan is to power to 30 and sit in Ashenvale ganking 19s as they come in.

By the way, ya’ll, it looks like speedruns are still taking somewhere around 3-4 days played to go 1-60 so don’t expect to dominate the first week.

Hey you’re free to believe what you want, I’m not going anywhere, I’m just not going to engage with fallacious garbage. As I said, when you have substantive points to make I’ll be here.

That was you saying “here’s another one after talking about Baron” and pointing at Baroness. I was responding to what you posted. I don’t care about what you’re trying to backpedal into now.

This guy gets it.

I absolutely agree. Like 100%. I’d like to see huge dungeons like Dire Maul and BRD with modern mechanics and skill/gear checks that scale to make it punishing.

Naxx 40 was punishing. That thing was terrihard. The first night we went in there and the trash mobs just deleted our raid…we knew we were in for some fun. Challenge isn’t bad. Different types of challenges are good.

I would be so down for a dungeon system like that Faisia.

Where’s the quote about 6 abilities in this mess of a post you have here?

You filthy casual. Won’t even go to Hillsbrad Foothills to do your ganking. :yum: