Hey Blizzard. Can we get a new BG?

Because we’re all bored with the current ones.

Cheers

• Players

I think first what we need is for someone who knows something about PvP to go through the ones we have, figure out why some are hated, and fix those.

6 Likes

No. Don’t forget to pay your sub.

– Blizzard

3 Likes

The chance of another seething shore deeply terrifies me.

9 Likes

Same at this point i don’t trust them to release anything that isnt intended to be unenjoyable

4 Likes

No we aren’t.

The last PvP dev who left Blizzard mentioned he had a bunch of plans for PvP content.

Unfortunately, Blizzard kept reducing his production budget, until finally, he only had enough resources to make one new arena for SL PvP.

I think we need BG where we just meet in the middle of a medium map and just duke it out, but treat it like the arenas you hear about in some of the lore where faction doesn’t matter and it just constructs teams based on comp. horde/alli vs. horde/alli. 10 vs. 10.

Team with the most HK’s at the end of the timer wins, can even be best out of three five minute rounds.

Maybe an Ogre arena…Call it ‘Highmaul Primus’.

1 Like

We need a deliver the payload type of BG like Overwatch has.

lets work on pvp balance and bringing the super OP specs down and the super dogcrap specs up first.

King of the Hill would be a great map. People always just want to fight in mid anyway.

2 Likes

Keep wsg, ab, av…scrap every other bgs. Maybe keep gilneas and eots. Everything else is garbage.
Wait…hire some non-abusive staff for pvp first. Then do the above

You think ion is gonna put creative resources into pvp? Thats adorable!

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/1422986313586802695

Can have 5000 pvp game designers. Ion oversees it all. And when the pvp community is shackled to the pve community i dont really see this being any different

Why, because you want more seething shore, deepwind gorge and cooking impossible?

How about they make no new maps because they’re terrible at making new maps.

I like this idea, but I think it should happen in smaller battles.

Like you have a teams of 15, split them each into 3 groups of 5 with a healer on each team. You have 90 seconds for three separate 5v5 matches, and then you rotate twice more to fight the other teams teams of 5. Most kills after three rounds wins.

They better put some resources into PVP, it’s the only thing WoW has that some other MMO isn’t doing better right now. My suggestions in no particular order.

1. Add more maps. There is no reason why we should only have 2 maps for CTF. Make at least 3 more, including smaller maps with a 5v5 or 6v6 format. Do the same with the domination and resource-based gametypes. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel, just make more wheels.

2. With more maps available, change your que specific system to let you que by gametype, not just each BG individually.

3. If you’re going to offer 40v40 as an “Epic” BG gametype, you damn better address the lag issues so that teamfights are playable. It’s embarrassing, - either fix it or reduce the number of players to something your game engine and servers can actually handle.

4. Bring back SotA. Bring back old Deepwind Gorge. Focus on balancing the battlegrounds in the RBG rotation, casual battlegrounds don’t have to be balanced. The more content available the better - give people a limited blacklist for maps they don’t want and let it rip.

5. Building off #2, there should be a weekly rotation (like there was for WSG/Basin/AV back in the day) for each gametype to give increased rewards.

PVP is a major pillar of the game (and arguably the largest, given the continuous participation despite the dismal volume of content). It should not be treated as an afterthought.