Hey Blizz, it's time to disable sharding on the RP servers again

Your greedy emissary event is over now.
You can Re-enable RP servers by disabling sharding on them again as per your previous agreement with them.
We’ve all had our fun but it’s been a few weeks, time to let RPers play the game as they intended.
Maybe next time try disabling the warmode button or force everyone to the warmode shard to have to do these, just to see how much worse the PVPers would have been about this than how the RPers have mostly been.

I guess if it were me I’d have created an event’s-mode button like warmode where it shards you into any number of shards where people are doing the random event at the time when these events were set to take place. As opposed to enabling sharding on RP servers all together. Just a suggestion.

18 Likes

Yes. PLEASE turn off the sharing. It’s bad for Roleplay.

4 Likes

Liberate me ex inferis.

I was glad to see alternate hubs get set up this time for the duration of the event, but I’d prefer to not have to hang out in Darkshire for good going forward for sure.

I have a post that got moved to Technical Support that I’m hoping will get the attention of the right people to flip the switch.

Going to bump this because all I want is for sharding to chill.

1 Like

God I hate sharding - most popular realms can feel dead because you can be on a dead shard(or maybe game is actually dead)

2 Likes

I mean I get they don’t care about RPers, but still, please unshard us!

2 Likes

Remember that time they said the default for RP servers is sharding off?

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/1022566187266232320

Those were the good times.

1 Like

I want a perma warmode shard. Like if you’re willing to commit to warmode for a couple weeks at a time you get locked to a single shard that noone else has access to unless they do the same. Make it attached to an npc next to xp off ones. I think the warmode toggle enables very two faced behaviour, people who will camp and do world pvp in groups with no real respect for solo people, ganking in groups for no reason, but then playing solo they just swap off warmode with no “punishment”. Maybe there’d be too many people if it were region wide, but it’d be interesting to see if communities could be rebuilt if there were a static shard that you couldn’t even group swap to be apart of.

If this isn’t fixed by Tuesday reset, I’m going to be an angry lizard experiment.

1 Like

Please turn off sharding. It’s enough that we had dummies defend the RP server sharding at the start of this debacle. The fact that it hasn’t been turned off by now is dumb and annoying.

But it did make sense. Because Stormwind would’ve crashed entirely every time that goblin was there.

I play on MG and WrA. I’m annoyed it’s still on. But there’s nothing stupid about making sure the city doesn’t crash during such an event.

I miss being able to rp in the city. Frankly, breaking a piece of content in their game unannounced for several weeks for an event that lasts 2 minutes every two hours was a mistake in the first place.

We were told RP servers wouldn’t get affected by sharding, but we still get hit pretty badly by it :confused:

1 Like

I think its fun when someone camps my lvling alt and then i swap over but im in a different shard so i can’t do anything about it.

WM winning?

Idk what happened to the bigger thread we had going that I was posting in but…

Remove sharding from RP servers again.

Hey, they kind of know about it, they also don’t have a system in place to properly report these kinds of problems, so that’s nice to know too.

Sooo, more or less, they were just lying to our faces about keeping sharding away from RP realms. Greaaat to know.

The last 2 or 3 times this happened it was a weeks-long fight with them on Twitter to get them to turn it off. Everyone knew it was going to be the same thing yet again. Light the torches boys.

1 Like

No, it wouldn’t have. Blizzard has the tech to shard for short durations, too either way. It’s 10 minutes max every couple hours.

Just going to hop on this bandwagon to say that war mode and sharding destroyed RP-PvP realms like Emerald Dream in a similar way that it ruins city RPers. We just RP in the world killing each other. RPPvP no longer exists.

Please remove sharding and war mode from previous RPPvP realms altogether so those players have a place to go to.

If you remove sharding (and war mode) from the world, then RPers will have the entire world to RP in, not be relegated to capital cities.