Hero's Journey-rp invitation

Recently, I rolled this hunter to actually be a joke character. You know, Calvin and Hobbs are my favorite cartoon characters!

But I got to thinking, as a writer, I want to improve my writing and I wanted to follow the theme of the “Hero’s Journey” for him. The famous Joseph Campbell, (author/philosopher/psychologist) put forth an amazing idea. All the Myths and Legends all over the world have some things in common. They are the stories told around family tables, or at reunions and gatherings of sages and wise elders. The ‘hero’ is the main character, and he is first mentioned as a young man who is living a fairly carefree life. Then it happens, an event that sends him searching for something, or someone. A ‘Quest’ that will shape his life and how he develops as a person.

He needs a mentor or an older friend, who will send him on this epic journey. It might take months or maybe days, but he will encounter obstacles he must overcome. He will meet friends along the way who help him, as well as enemies who will stall him, confuse him and cause him hardship and pain. But pain is not a bad thing if it helps the hero to grow stronger and wiser.

To those of you on this marvellous server, if you wish to aid Kalvyn, or if you are of a mind to stymy him or teach him lessons he needs to learn, please get in touch either here or on discord. (Jazimin here)

I do not mind if this is cross-faction. With the help of Elixirs, this is not a problem. Right now, Kalvyn is still learning to be a hunter. His good pal, Hobbs, will be at his side. He is very young as far as Sindorei go. I am going to play him as being a teenager until he hits 120.

A guild is a good start, and I would prefer his entry into a guild be IC.