Order of Kayoss (US-Thunderhorn/Blade’s Edge) is an alt-friendly, heroic progression raiding guild in search of fresh blood in our roster. We have a few new openings on our team that we are looking to fill prior to the start of next tier. Ideal candidates include:
- (1) Retribution Paladin
- (1) Shadow Priest
- (1) Tank; preferably Protection Paladin, Brewmaster Monk, or Blood Death Knight
- (1) Ranged DPS; ideally a Beastmaster or Marksman Hunter, Fire Mage or Balance Druid
Who is Order of Kayoss?
We are a progression raid team. We flex raid heroic and chase AotC on every tier. We are currently ranked 8 on the connected realm (US-Thunderhorn and US-Blade’s Edge) according to
raider.io . We achieved AotC on this tier on 10/14 and are currently alt farming for next tier. We support our raid teams with regularly scheduled mythic+ teams pushing +10 (and above) keys weekly. The team works together to provide consumables such as flasks and food for all raid nights.
In addition to raiding, we have a thriving social community via guild chat and discord. We are an alt-friendly guild with a focus on real life. Most of our ranks are adults with jobs, families, and obligations outside of WoW and our goal is to honor the person behind the screen more than the toon. We have members in multiple time zones so the guild is fairly active most of the day.
How we Raid:
- We raid on Thursday and Sunday from 7:30p – 9:45p Server Time (Central). We ask that raiders try to be on 10 minutes early when possible for group forming and summons. Trash clears start on the half hour with cauldron and feast down at the first boss of the evening. First boss pull is at 7:45p sharp. We have one 5-minute break at approx. 8:30p. Anyone unable to make it by 7:45p is eligible to be brought in at the break.
- We use discord for voice communications. All raiders must be able to talk in comms as well as hear. How much you socialize is up to you but voice comms for mechanics is a requirement (ex. Mekka’s bots).
- Attendance is not mandatory, but regularity is strongly preferred. The night goes better (and we have more fun) when everyone shows up. That said, we realize that life has occasional obligations that will interfere. Prior notice of such is appreciated where possible, and infrequent unavailability will be tolerated (any resultant flack should be interpreted as a joke). If it becomes a barrier, an officer will work with you to resolve the issues or move you to a less critical role. In extreme cases, we may ask you to sit out for a tier and work with you on your return.
- Personal consumables (i.e. dps, healing, mana potions, runes, etc.) are expected to be provided by the individual. Flasks and food are maintained by the team.
- Proficiency is the goal, though a lot of quarter is given. “Proficiency” doesn’t mean “the best of the best with honors”. In most cases, if you can stay above tank’s single target damage and eventually learn how to keep yourself upright once we have learned a boss, your performance will be deemed “proficient”. If your performance does not meet this criterion, we have members willing and able to work with you on them including research, log reviews, and extra practice sessions as availability provides.
- Preparation time shouldn’t be nil. The expectation is that before we get to a new boss everyone watches a video (fully expecting that it will make little sense but at least give you a view of how things flow) and check out the in-game guide. There are usually a few mechanics that are the real zingers and over time we learn them and figure out how to adjust as a group.
- We make best efforts to avoid sitting people out of a boss, but in very rare circumstances this may still occur. Like the proficiency goal, we have several experienced members willing to help you learn; individual efforts add up to the larger team success, and we expect and will aid in those individual efforts.
- Loot is friendly. We are largely succeeding based on how well we set up the boss strats. That said, ilvl is not ignored. Raiders are expected to do what they can to maintain their characters individually. If you can’t do it alone, we hope that you’d ask the guild for help.
- Because we are an alt-friendly guild, we ask that everyone play the character they like. That said, you should choose what that is and stick with it. Remember some progression is about gearing the raid and if you are frequently swapping characters, you are pulling gear out of the collective group and bringing characters that must be carried more than your last one.
- Exceptions can and are made based on people just flat out hating their class, but we keep this to a minimum
- If you wish to raid on a character other than your main, approval should be obtained from the raid leader. There may be times it’s appropriate but check first.
How to Apply:
In-game message Wakawee-Blade’sEdge, Wrong-Thunderhorn or Schady-Thunderhorn via in-game mail or /w. I am online every day. If your message is via in-game mail, include a time in which you would like to meet! You can also message me on reddit (I spend more time here than I probably should). We will have a short conversation and schedule to run a mythic or two together. If I think you would be a good fit, I will introduce you to our guild leader. From there, we want to introduce you to the team, have you come along with us on a raid or two, and see how everyone meshes together. Guild invites to follow introductions and a probationary status granted.