Heroic Leap 9.2.5 Issues?

Since patch 9.2.5, I’ve been experiencing a massive change in functionality to my Heroic Leap macro where it auto-casts Heroic Leap (as in, no cursor appears) right on top of my target be it friend, foe, object, or corpse. At first, I attributed it to oddness (maybe I just accidentally L-clicked position after pressing macro), but then it happened again and again.

This does not appear to be an issue with the standard Heroic Leap from the spell book, as the normal functionality is still there. But when I press my macro with ALT held down, problems begin to arise.

This is my “mobility” macro.

#showtooltip Charge
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/cast [mod:alt] Heroic Leap
/cast [nomod,harm] Charge
/cast [nomod,harm] Hamstring
/cast [nomod,help] Intervene

If I do not have a target, it works normally.
If I have ANYTHING targeted, it’ll auto-cast Heroic Leap right on top of the target.
If I have a target and they are out of range (<8 yds or >40 yds), it’ll give me the Out of Range message. Targeting cursor will not come up.

I have made off-screen heroic leaps behind me many times now because of this, especially noticeable in pvp/world content when I attempt to Heroic Leap away from my target to create distance… but instead I either cannot Heroic Leap at all or I will leap right on top of them.

This was not an issue pre-9.2.5. Has this effect happened to anyone else? Does anyone have a potential fix for it that restores the standard functionality?

Heroic leap isnt supposed to work that way, being a targeting circle ability.

#showtooltip Heroic Leap
/cast [@cursor] Heroic Leap

is what I use and I don’t have any other issues in 9.2 vs 9.2.5. Only problem I have is i find it on temple of kotmogu is the jump up from the middle doesn’t always want to work if its my cursor instead of the default.

An update on a few more tests and a solution I found.

*Using the spellbook version of Heroic Leap, holding ALT causes it to display a “Target too close” message, no cursor appeared. No differences if anything is targetted or not.
*Using the simplest “/cast Heroic Leap” macro, holding ALT causes all the problems listed on my OP.

I think I’ve narrowed the problem to an exact cause.

In the Interface menu, Self Cast Key now seems to include interactions with Heroic Leap. At the time of the problem, it was set to ALT. Upon changing that setting to SHIFT, the ALT Heroic Leap was working regularly again, but now SHIFT key was causing Heroic Leaps to become buggy.

I fixed the problem by changing the Self Cast Key setting to None, but some abilities will need a macro to self cast now. I should probably put a query in the bug report section.

2 Likes

Thank you man, this fixed it for me, I was going crazy thinking they changed the ability or something XD

What if you’re needing to leap away from a boss you have targeted because it’s about to do some big aoe attack? Seems like an unnecessary step to click off boss just to leap out, no?

Hence why it’s a problem. I swear I tried this last week and it didn’t work but now it does. And its all targeting circle abilities when using your self target modifier in a macro.

You dont?

I use that too and its constantly trying to cast heroic leap at whatever is behind my camera (say im at 60 degrees from my char, and there is the slight edge of a wall impuning the camera at the very bottom, it will try to cast in the direction of the wall instead of where the mouse actually is)

Its so bad since the patch i went back to the basic one so i can have the targeting circle