Hero Talents - What Do We Think?

Trickster Ability: Sell Data

The Trickster steals the personal information and habits of their target and sells them to unethical businesses. The target suffers intrusive personal advertising and is dehumanized for X% damage. The Trickster gains .1 gold for each point of damage.

1 Like

But given what I know about Azeroth Paladins, they’d be adding kinks instead of hammering them out.

1 Like

Given what I know about paladins, they’ll still die like clowns after blowing all their defensives at once.

:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

Hey, how did you know my arena strategy?

Because it’s every paladin’s arena strategy.
:dracthyr_hehe:

1 Like

I rerolled my pally a little while back. Can I still use that strategy with this Monk?

:pray:

1 Like

You know, you actually can, and Monk fares better because everyone full sends into Touch of Karma. As long as you pick a good target, that usually wins.

People don’t know not to nuke karma yet?

I think my major gripe about Hero Talents definitely has to be the naming of the various talent slots, especially because of how heavily some of them are very racial themed by name alone(Chosen of Elune, Deatkstalker, Dark Ranger, etc.) and then while also just ignoring other racial themes, particularly “Herald of the Sun” when bluntly if Druids are gonna be made to use Elune themes even as non Night Elves but chose not to use An’she for Herald of the Sun.

imo they either need to go all in concerning naming things with racial class identity or simply skip the racial identity stuff entirely and go with more generic names

5 Likes

I agree with this, actually. It feels like a lose-lose situation–non-Forsaken Rogues have to be Deathstalkers even if they don’t like it, Forsaken Deathstalker identity gets diluted.

I do wonder if Blizzard isn’t aware that Warcraft’s identity is about 60% of the reason people play. Everything this game does, some other game does better.

5 Likes

I think adding some neat flavor when it comes to a class’s potential look, spell rotation and specialization is super cool!

Bring on battlemages!

Boy, I don’t really care for any of the Hero talent trees I’ve seen yet.

They all feel…kind of same-y? Like they’re just normal talents but with new names?

I’m going to bully Warriors for having silly Hero talent names.

I like that Death Knights can mount in combat if outdoors, wtf

1 Like

I don’t want to be a Dark Ranger.

2 Likes

After looking at the latest batch of revealed Hero Talents, I find I quite like Monk’s Shado Pan but it’s made me dislike the practice of theming some of these after existing lore classes/factions even more. I find that I especially hate it in this case for several reasons, greatest of all being the association with the Shado Pan just seems unnecessary and arguably barely fitting. I imagine much the same could be the said for most of the other ones following the same conventions.

Also Spellslinger looked kinda interesting. I find the name a bit too generic, but I’d rather have that for spec names than stuff like Elune’s Chosen or Herald of the Sun.

Why not? You’ve already got white hair and spooky eyes. That’s 50%, right there.

Because I play a Hunter for WC2 Rangers.

Not stupid undead Nocturnal Mighty Morphin’ Nightengale nonsense.

Personally I don’t really play much PVE. I only ever really RP and the PVE I do is literally for transmogs lol

However, due to the potential cosmetic aspects of the hero talents, I am inclined to roll a druid variant of my main- a Priestess of Elune for the ‘Chosen of Elune’ hero talent that druids are getting.

Am I a little sad that priest has no hero talent that is catered towards Elune? Of course, cloth is the best (imo) for transmog. But also- it is what it is.