Hero Talent Feedback: Windwalker Perspective

I actually like both of the WW connected trees. The first read of both was intimidating but after reading them a few times it grew on me.

My major concerns are:

1. Shado-Pan having a major portion of the benefit tied to energy spenders. This was a problem with Skyreach where the buff is so strong that you need to time it around certain cooldowns or boss phases but because it’s tied to a Chi generator it’s awkward. With the addition of Wisdom of the Wall it doubles down on that. My suggestion would be to have Flurry Strikes stack a buff, and when you have 10 stacks of the buff your next Celestial Brew or Strike of the Windlord would trigger Wisdom of the Wall for 20s instead.

2. Quadratic Scaling with flurry strikes. You’re going to have huge amounts of Funnel that exponentially scales with targets because it triggers from an integer amount of health point damage. This can be really good for M+ if you’re pulling onto bosses but also means it will likely be underpowered to prevent that scaling from rocketing to the moon by being balanced around what it can do when you feed it. I think UH DK has also had this issue to an extent.

3. Conduit has a lot of bonus AoE stuff, uncapped Niuzao stomps, Chiji procs, but doesn’t really scream raid or ST anywhere. I believe the on-use channel will be congruent to Convoke the Spirits where it needs to do a lot of damage for you to bring it to a raid fight.

Some other feedback is that I’m worried about adding another cooldown to juggle and Celestial Conduit may be better suited as an ability that replaces Invoke [Celestial]. It would also be really helpful to have some clarity on exactly how Unity Within will function and what “assistance” means in this aspect.

3 Likes