Heres the answer why Nvidia hasn't kept up with their rtx 3000 series stock lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfIibTBaoMM

Still like Nvidia after this video? Linus is spot on about this. This is why the RTX 3000 series have stock issues.

Not surprised at all. I don’t like it as a consumer, but they are required by law to satisfy their shareholders.

AMD is doing a poor job right now if providing us with a good viable alternative as well.

When I got my 3080, I wanted the 6800xt instead. Historically, I have preferred AMD GPUs.

It just wasn’t in the cards because I had a much easier time acquiring msrp 3000 series cards than 6000 series cards.

So much so I was able to acquire 2.

All these upcoming mining cards will be thrown in a landfill once the cryptocurrency bursts again.

Anyone desperately wanting to build a PC would gladly take a used gpu card on ebay. Imagine getting a good steal with a RTX 3080 TI for like $600 when the used cards from miners flood the market should a crypto burst happen. Would never happen with these mining cards.

What Nvidia is doing, made the GTX 970 3.5 GB controversy look like a blessing.

I agree with Linus in the video.

The idea that Nvidia is building into its cards obsolescence isn’t a new thing - they have been intentionally omitting older generations in optimizations for years.

This is part of why I was so upset at AMD for not really giving us MSRP 6000 cards.

Just as Vega and Polaris had that fine wine feature, it seems that even RDNA1 had it too as it eventually became even closer to the 2070S as time passed.

Meaning the cards lasted longer and didn’t end up in landfills. Hell the RX 580 itself is a testament to that. Still relevant almost 4 years later, and always has been a great value card.

I would have got one or the 6800XTs, but they kind of forced my hand.