Helpful Find; Sending Messages to in-game Communites/Clubs

Hello, while playing around with the C_Club API I found out how to add messages to the community chat automatically. I haven’t found any documentation on this so I figured I would share it here and that someone may find it helpful. The community channel names are not the same format as regular chat channels. For example, my community adds the Hyper channel to your chat window. However, when I query the channel name Hyper nothing comes up. If I were to type /join Hyper there would be two channels with that name. You must find the club ID and format the query like so.

local id, name, instanceID = GetChannelName(“Community:357944461:1”)

Replace 357944461 with your club ID. You can find your club ID by running the following command from in-game:

/dump C_Club.GetSubscribedClubs()

This may also be useful for inviting members to your community and muting the community chat if that is something you want to do. I tried to do that for my addon, but it kept muting the regular Hyper channel I mentioned above instead of the community. With this, you should be able to resolve some community/club issues.

1 Like

beautiful start, i can get the ID for

/run SendChatMessage(“my message”, CHANNEL, nil, myChannelID)

however if i use it in WA by

SendChatMessage(“my message”, CHANNEL, nil, myChannelID)

it still fails. any ideas?

If that’s the exact code then see:

for the proper use of CHANNEL and myChannelID

interesting. if i replace the variable, and use say

/run SendChatMessage(“my message”, CHANNEL, nil, 9)

where 9 is a custom channel, it works, but from way i can even validate i have the variable at 9 and it gives the error. so this is likely something they didnt restrict right. guess ill stop