Help with Toy/spell macro

Whats up my dudes. I’ve been playing around with integrating non-GCD instant cast toys with my instant spells. Things like Firework Launchers, Bubble Wand, Hearthstone Board, etc.

I’ve been wanting to somehow integrate the True Love Prism by incorporating it in a macro that cast both Soul Strike as well as True Love Prism (On cool down) on to my pet Fel guard without interfering with my rotation.

I’ve gotten it to work once, then it stooped.

#showtooltip Soul Strike
/cast Soul Strike
/targetexact Vinikkryz
/use True Love Prism
/targetlasttarget

I exchanged “True Love Prism” for “Fruit Basket” and the same command line works.

#showtooltip Soul Strike
/cast Soul Strike
/targetexact Vinikkryz
/use Fruit Basket
/targetlasttarget

It seems that it is ignoring the “/use True Love Prism” line, but when it is “/use Fruit Basket” it recognizes it. Any ideas on how to fix this/overhaul it to make it work?

(TL;DR, trying to make a macro that casts a single spell at target A as well as a toy at Specific Target B without losing Target A lock.)

{P.s, yes the macro tests were done with the toy off cooldown.}

Verify that true love prism works on pets in combat. Attack a target dummy, cast the toy directly from the Toy Box collection. If it doesn’t work, it won’t work in a macro either.

Also,
/use [@pet,nodead] Toy Name
and get rid of the target stuff

Confirmed True Love Prism can be used on a pet while in combat.

I tried that /use command, it did not recognize/process it; ignoring it.

#showtooltip Soul Strike
/cast Soul Strike
/use [@pet,nodead] True Love Prism

I put it above /cast Soul Strike and it cast the prism on the target rather than the pet, as well as not casting Soul Strike.

#showtooltip Soul Strike
/use [@pet,nodead] True Love Prism
/cast Soul Strike

Then tried adding a space between the comma and nodead in “@pet,nodead” and tried it. No results.

There isn’t even any error text suggesting something is wrong.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/MACRO_usetoy

I cant seem to get anything to work how I’d like it to. I think the true love prism is just simple broken when it comes to macros. :confused:

That is possible.