Help with some brewmaster monk macros plz

Hey guys, so I have a brewmaster monk that I’ve been working on some macros on. I know absolutely nothing about macros. The ones I have made, do what I want them to do but sometimes they just… freeze? They’ll do nothing. I was wanting to know if maybe you guys can help me clean these up. Any help is appreciated.

Cast Exploding Keg and Summon White Tiger Statue at the feet of the player and try to rotate between abilities on their cooldowns

#showtooltip Exploding Keg
/castsequence [@player]reset=cooldown Exploding Keg, Summon White Tiger Statue, Exploding Keg

Cast Celestial Brew and while Celestial Brew is on Cooldown, make it the button for Purifying Brew

#Showtooltip Celestial Brew
/castsequence reset=cooldown-3 Celestial Brew, Purifying Brew,

Cast Rushing Jade Wind and whilst the ability is active I want that button to be Spinning Crane Kick until Rushing Jade Wind is available again

#showtooltip Rushing Jade Wind
/castsequence reset=cooldown Rushing Jade Wind, Spinning Crane Kick, Spinning Crane Kick, Spinning Crane Kick, Spinning Crane Kick

Any help is appreciated! Thank you so much! (^_^)

reset=cooldown isn’t a thing.

Honestly, I was throwing things at the wall last night and hoping they stuck xD

Yeah, none of these are really practical applications of castsequences.

The difference in cooldowns makes Exploding Keg and Tiger Statue bad candidates.

Purifying Brew isn’t something you typically spam, while Celestial Brew you tend to pop on CD unless you’re expecting a big hit.

You tend to not have enough energy to use SCK much because haste isn’t that valuable to monks and it’s your lowest priority ability.

What’s your reason for wanting to combine abilities in this manner?

Basically I’m trying to condense my rotation into something easier for how my play style works. I panic whilst doing some of the content and forget to push buttons. This just makes it easier for me to remember. I’m basically bunching up spells that work together.

Exploding Keg → AoE, Statue of White Tiger → AoE
Celestial Brew → Shield pop, shield increases when you use Purifying Brew.

While I was in a mythic just now, I think I know a modification to the rotation that it needs to be on the macro for the Celestial Brew and Purifying brew. Worst case scenario, I experiment and it doesn’t work lol.

You’ll be a lot better off building up muscle memory and using UI clues for your abilities vs. trying to rely on cast sequences. (Cast sequences have very limited practical uses.)

I’d probably start by searching wago.io/dragonflight-weakauras for monk Weakauras that can help you better see what you can cast and when.

BRM has a lot of abilities.

I use this to put all my aoe on a single button, it’s spammable. It does the job.

/castsequence Rushing Jade Wind, Keg Smash, Breath of Fire, Spinning Crane Kick

When you open, you just hit this a bunch of times, then you can tab target your RSK or other single target attacks, interupts. I am putting together a macro that lets me cast on myself the 2 AOE reticle attacks, so I can avoid having to think too much about those as well. This let’s me spend time managing the brews and other cds as well as movement.

1 Like

This isn’t helpful and doesn’t even attempt to assist with the question. Instead, it serves to inflate the responder’s sense of importance by offering something the poster didn’t ask for.

I appreciate the help. I found out the macros and created them myself by looking at guides online. I condensed my entire rotation down to 4 or 5 buttons for the main abilities needed. :smiley: If you’d like, I’ll share them here if you’d like to use them!

3 Likes

hey man, i’ll love to have this macros, starting my monk today xD