Help with raid DPS

I just recently came back to WoW after a long hiatus. I’ve managed to get my gear somewhat caught up, but at ilvl 457 its still pretty scuffed. I ran normal Ny’alotha with my guild and when I looked over the logs I was pretty disappointed with what I saw.

warcraftlogs (dot) com/reports/KHLVGjkd67BA3zbq

I figure my overall parse is going to be poor due to having low level gear, but even within my ilvl range it’s not very good. What can I be doing better? Is it an azerite trait, essence, corruption issue? Is it poor execution? I’m not expecting to top meters or anything crazy, I just want to have good numbers for my ilvl.

My parses aren’t great cause I don’t get to run raids with a guild so I’m hardly improving gear wise, but your crit seems low. Dance of death gets exponentially better with more crit. (around 2000 crit is what you’re after I think), then you’ll be able to keep DoD up at like 60%. Crit enchants on rings would help. Haste looks low too, a lot of your stats are tied into Mastery which is the worst (or least best) stat.

Also I’d run killer cobra over aspect of the beast on most raid bosses.

BEEEEEEEEAAAAAST CLEEEEAAAAAVE.

Complete sentence.

Yeah I noticed my crit and haste stats were pretty low. I miss the old days where I knew which dungeons and bosses I wanted to kill for specific items. Now I feel like I just have to get lucky on the one or two m+ runs I can do each week, or get lucky with the cache of disappointment. If Shadowlands’ loot system is anything like BFA’s I probably won’t even buy it.

I’ll definitely get my rings enchanted, and try killer cobra over AotB. Are there any fights where AotB is better?

Ya I know what you meana bout rando gear. BFA gearing is rough tbh for BM cause crit is so important. I have up to item lvl 458 but run at 450 cause more crit on my lower ilvl items.

AotB is better on Vexiona and Hivemind. Keep in mind Killer Cobra is wayy better with more haste otherwise you focus drain yourself pretty quick.

Also once crit is up higher you can start pumping barbed shot in more than is necessary so you get DoD more often, cause you’re more likely to reset barbed shot and have one ready if you’re about to drop frenzy.

I had some pieces that were itemized better, but the item levels were so low that it was recommended that I replace them regardless of the stats. I did drop my helmet 5 item levels though, because it had both DoD and PI on it, and those are (as I’ve read anyways) some of our best traits.

Yea you basically want to stack PI and DoD. PI you need at least 1 of but DoD you definitely want 2 pref 3. For M+ dropping one of the PI assuming you’ll still have at least 1 for rapid reload is best option.

Honestly you’re just running the endgame DoD crit build with not enough crit. Once that gets higher it just goes brrrrr. Crit increases Wild Call which increases One with the Pack which increases DoD and it’s all just nuts.

Hopefully I get some gear with crit on it next week!

1 Like

Times like these I miss reforging

Yeah, I didn’t mind reforging. I really miss tier sets.

1 Like

Heya ! Try using this site here :

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/KHLVGjkd67BA3zbq/11-4+Wrathion/Charlone

Read out the suggestion part below. Gear is one thing, but if you do not get the proper rotation into your muscles it wont increase as well. The parse is poor due to lack of proper rotation. Once you have that set in, you can move toward raidbot sims to see which stats to focus more on and etc.

I mean he simmed at 51k. I sim at 52 roughly 10 ilvl lower, and his dps for some of the fights were only 4-5k off of what he sims I think this is more of a stat weight issue. Not saying we couldn’t all improve rotation I just don’t think that’s what’s holding him back atm

That’s a nice tool for improving. Does it take into consideration boss mechanics that don’t allow me to attack the boss? I know there were large portions of the Wrathion fight where I was simply running with my group to get away from fires, or throwing flares down to unstealth assassins. I’m still learning some of the boss mechanics, so I’m sure that my execution will improve with practice.

https://wowanalyzer.com/character/US/Hyjal/charlone/

Look at all your fights. To some decree it doesn’t and does. But remains a great tool to improve.

From what I see, you dont seem to prioritize some spells over another, hold on some skills when they should be used on CD, etc.

It a start for you to improve on those points. Once you start getting epic parse constant then it becomes more a gear thing. That said, always try to do better in parse !

A MUST for BM is:

DoD + PI azerite traits.
Bow off Skitra.
HIGH crit chance.

Once you acheive these 3 things, you will shine my friend.

As other have said. 3x DOD, 3xPI for raids. Spec into killer cobra also. swap one PI out for a rapid reload when doing mythic + to get the cd on aspects down, on big pulls there are times I’m popping aspects 2-3 times. Shoot for a minimum of 40 % crit and try not to go below 20 % haste. I see your cloak is only lvl 9, get it to 12 so you can get the 3k agility proc. The bow that drops from skitra is an absolute must, save your extra rolls for this. Run some mythics and try to get the dead eye and the haste trinket from sost ( i forget the name gale something) the haste trinket from raden is nice also. Stack severe corruption and some expedients and get those essences to rank 3 and maybe swap crucible of the flame for bote.

1 Like

Well done i couldnt do it better

They removed it because it was too complicated, and replaced it with the much simpler Azerite/Corruption/Titanforging/Random Socket system.

The problem with all of the borrowed power systems like azerite and corruption is that all the classes feel like absolute dump until halfway through the expac when you get these things.

You can use a tool called Ask Mr Robot and it helps finding upgrades :slight_smile: